Tank Slippage Problem & Options

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UB

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I recently bought a Aeris BC with a single band for strapping the tank to the BC. Several times I noticed that the tank began to slip (even though I tighten the strap as much as possible). I am to a point right now where I would like to explore other tank strapping options. Can anyone recommend a solution?

Thanks

Any comments on the "ScubaPro Scuba Pro Super Cinch BC Tank Band" as a solution?

That's a great question, because I have two Aeris Atmos XT BCs that I bought for my sons. Their tank straps leave a lot to be desired in my opinion. We had a tank slippage problem on one at depth, which was solved easily, but that's my freakin' kid we're talking about!! Then, in an effort to make the strap tighter on a dive after that, the plastic that holds the strap broke altogether!!

My solution is to go back to the dive shop where I bought our gear and have them fix it for free. I have a brand new BC because they are a great dive shop, the BCs are still less than 6 months old, and I spend a lot of money there. I hope someone on the board can help us here, because eventually the shop will stop replacing the BC.

Also, be sure that you have the latest inflator button. Last year's Aeris Atmos XT inflator button was recalled for sticking. But that's another story that really ticks me off!!!!!

wetrat

dive rite sell some great bands, super tight, never slip..you can get them at dive rite express

UB:
Any comments on the "ScubaPro Scuba Pro Super Cinch BC Tank Band" as a solution?

Well.... interestingly, that's the band I use on my ScubaPro Knighthawk. That seems to work fantastically! It also is easier to switch tanks because you don't have to slip the band over the tank, you can just unbuckle and rebuckle on the new tank. Not sure if you can use the super cinch on the Atmost though.

wetrat

UB:
I recently bought a Aeris BC with a single band for strapping the tank to the BC. Several times I noticed that the tank began to slip (even though I tighten the strap as much as possible). I am to a point right now where I would like to explore other tank strapping options. Can anyone recommend a solution?

Thanks

We have what you need.

Look here camstrap tension pads
Scroll down to the bottom of the page.

Lots of folks here have used them.

Regards,

Tobin

The band stretches once wet. Put it on dry, tight as you can get it. Jump in, it soaks up water, loosens up. Tank slips. What I posted before:

Dunk the strap in water, either fresh or salt, and get it wet. Then put it on the tank as tight as you can. Problem solved. Cost, nothing.

Some guys I have spoken with that have this problem solved it with one of those mesh tank "protectors". I don't like the idea of these things, but the guys with slipage seem to dig them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom