Tank rack for boat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like this idea a lot! It's mobile for hauling into the shop for fills, garage to truck, truck to boat. It would protect the valves while on the boat if there was a little chop or wakes from other boats. Perfect solution for my situation, thanks for sharing!
Definitely some great suggestions from others.

My question for you is (as I'll be looking into solving the same problem) is how will you secure the tanks (in or out of a container) to the floor?

There are multiple cleats or anchor reins in the rear of the boat, so the case with the tanks would lay on the rear deck and then get tied down. I could probably even use a cargo net if I wanted to make sure it didn't move at all. I can also use the rear seat post if needed for extra stability, like the one on the front deck. Quite a few ways to tie it down safely, just need to experiment next few months to see what works best.

Does your rear seat post screw in? That's a nice strong point right in the middle of the deck to anchor a rack.

Does your rear seat post screw in? That's a nice strong point right in the middle of the deck to anchor a rack.

It's a locking post, so a spring loaded clip that sits in a base that is about 3 inches deep. It's the same idea as a screw in, but a little thicker post and you have to push a button to unlock it and lift it out. I would put the tanks on the starboard side, since the ladder is on the port side. That way its not in the way when getting out of the water...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom