tank question nitrox to air??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rooster1

Reaction score
I was wondering if about filling a nitrox tank with just regular air fill is this ok??
I know if you are going from air to nitrox you have to have your tank and regs set up for that, but I heard that if you got a nitrox tank and want to start using air you can just start filling the tank with regular air fills with out changing anything, is this correct??

If you mean taking the Nitrox markings off and converting the tank to air only, then no, there's nothing that needs to be done, and the tank can be used for air.
If, on the other hand, you mean filling a Nitrox tank with air and then returning it to Nitrox service, that's a different matter, and the answer depends on how you're mixing Nitrox, which agency you're operating under and on the quality of the air you're using.
Rick

Rick that would be going from nitrox to air only

No problem. Just strip the Nitrox markings off it - the VIP is good until its normal expiration date too.
Rick

another successful bit of education on this fine board. I love it when you don't have to pay for education or grease the lds guy for information. ( you know, you buy something silly at the lds while you talk dive talk and try to get some tips and info ):D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom