Tank Prices

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

moneysavr:
I love my Worthington HP 130's and man good price I was buying them from my pal Barry at
www.divesales.com
for about $327.00 to my door 2 days! prior and during the PST death throws,now they are up a few bucks.
Its got the air I need to dive deep o2 on our cold and deep wrecks,it gives me mass amount of safety gas,and shops that cant fill em full screw em! and I tell em so!
they ain't now stinking AL 80s so fill em till they bulge!
ask some Florida DMs how they pull two 60' dives at 40-55 min each on one can! and have gas left good sac rate yeah but,,,can you say major over fills!
you will love the old water heaters as we call em!
dive safe!
Brad
A boat is a piece of dive gear (extension) and about the price of a regs and doubles,pony's,DUI Dry suit,deco gas tanks,computers and BT's and training C-cards on a DIR rig you could own one!
quote J.B.

...punctuation...?

HBDiveGirl:
All my local LDS's sell them... $3 comes to mind. Each. Startlingly expensive. Chris Grossman over at diver.net purchases o-rings in bulk from a supplier in downtown L.A. I don't know if they offer Viton.

Claudette

If they are a light yellow/tan color, they are probably a special polyurethane blend that must be cast instead of molded. This makes them extremely expensive to make but they are very durable.

Lee
www.seapearls.com

Leadking:
If they are a light yellow/tan color, they are probably a special polyurethane blend that must be cast instead of molded. This makes them extremely expensive to make but they are very durable.

Lee
www.seapearls.com
Those are the ones. They wear like iron. I've replaced one that deformed and leaked. The other one popped out and was lost on deck, probably because it was not a close enough fit for my tank valve. I've learned that they need to be a near perfect fit, unlike the stretchy black o-rings.
Thanks for the clarification, Lee.

Claudette

HBDiveGirl:
Absolutely, limeyx! I know how RB works when the team is knowledgeable and plans the dive correctly. But fresh in my memory are my pre-fundies dives wherein dives were turned on rather arbitrary psi values that often did not take into account differing tank sizes within the team.

I think I was aiming this discussion at those memories, since this thread is in the General Scuba Equipment Forum.

But you're completely right that correct RB calculations remove the risk of diving in a team with large variations in SAC rates and tank volumes/pressures.

Thanks for following up with your comments :) .

Claudette

Welcome, and yeah the "artirary psi" thing scares me too, as do "rules of thumb" -- I'd rather calculate my RB in cft and use Tank Factor to get the PSI (then add a bit just in case -- as we discovered in our Tech1 class -- 1 min on the bottom to fix an emergency is not sufficient in lots of cases)

I think we tend to get comforted with RB calculations and sometimes forget that it really is the *minimum* gas to get us to the surface with essentially close to zero PSI left in our tanks. So we can always add some extra conservatism to it for more safety.

Empty V:
Well today I ordered my X8-130!!! YAY!! Now Claudette, I know you said use the yoke adapter for the valve, what about getting a din setup for my 1st stage. Just change it out if I'm going to use one of my LP tanks. My LDS said it would be between $50 and $150.
DIN is the way to go if you want to use both easily. Just go DIN for the DIN tanks, and an adaptor screws onto the DIN for use on yoke tanks very easily. Gives you 100% strong DIN, and easy conversion to yoke when borrowing tanks or traveling.

Empty V:
Well today I ordered my X8-130!!! YAY!! Now Claudette, I know you said use the yoke adapter for the valve, what about getting a din setup for my 1st stage. Just change it out if I'm going to use one of my LP tanks. My LDS said it would be between $50 and $150.

Billy
Billy!!!! Welcome to the world of real dive gear!

(Oh, did I just say that? Oops.... good thing my probation's over...:D )

You will love the MANY benefits of DIN'ness.
And 130'ness.

And, eventually, situationally-appropriate DrySuitedness.

If your fiance enjoys being in the water, we've perfected a DrySuit Conversion Intervention, or DSCI. During DSCI, a targeted wetsuited diver is "loaned" larger and larger tanks until the resulting mad-bottom-times cause total body frigidness. This causes complete and willing acceptance of the NEED for a Drysuit. Now. Immediately. Operators are Standing by.

YRMV, but 2 or 3 cycles are all that are usually needed :eyebrow: .

Then we start talking about the Blue Gloves of Bliss, but we've plenty of time to get to that later :14: .

Claudette
(Temporarily hbWetGurl... Catch me if you can :D )

HBDiveGirl:
Billy!!!! Welcome to the world of real dive gear!

(Oh, did I just say that? Oops.... good thing my probation's over...:D )

You will love the MANY benefits of DIN'ness.
And 130'ness.

And, eventually, situationally-appropriate DrySuitedness.

If your fiance enjoys being in the water, we've perfected a DrySuit Conversion Intervention, or DSCI. During DSCI, a targeted wetsuited diver is "loaned" larger and larger tanks until the resulting mad-bottom-times cause total body frigidness. This causes complete and willing acceptance of the NEED for a Drysuit. Now. Immediately. Operators are Standing by.

YRMV, but 2 or 3 cycles are all that are usually needed :eyebrow: .

Then we start talking about the Blue Gloves of Bliss, but we've plenty of time to get to that later :14: .

Claudette
(Temporarily hbWetGurl... Catch me if you can :D )

:lol: That was the funniest post I have read in a long time!!!:lol:

Unfortunately my fiance is not a water welcoming person. So I dont think she fits into the DCSI target market. I think I'm going to just have to wait a while for this one. time to really start saving money now!!!

Back
Top Bottom