Tank Pressure Checker

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So it is very simple to screw on a loose gauge head to the unit. Good to know. Mind me asking where you bought it? Flea market?

Usually it's 1/4" NPT from the gauge to the unit. If you need a fitting, get it from a hydraulic shop, they know the working pressure of their fittings and they are relativly cheap. Clean it if you use O2. Also you need a heavy yoke for HP tanks, the one on the Voit won't work for long.

I keep an eye on Craigslist for scuba gear, I went to see a guy for an old bend-o-matic in with some other gear. After chatting a while, he said he had some broken gear he was going to toss that I could have if I wanted it for parts. It always pays to chat up another Diver, sometimes you just learn something, other times...

Usually it's 1/4" NPT from the gauge to the unit. If you need a fitting, get it from a hydraulic shop, they know the working pressure of their fittings and they are relativly cheap. Clean it if you use O2. Also you need a heavy yoke for HP tanks, the one on the Voit won't work for long.

I keep an eye on Craigslist for scuba gear, I went to see a guy for an old bend-o-matic in with some other gear. After chatting a while, he said he had some broken gear he was going to toss that I could have if I wanted it for parts. It always pays to chat up another Diver, sometimes you just learn something, other times...

Thanks for the advice. I chatted up two different sellers and one gave me an old reg and pressure gauge and the other gave me new Halcyon 55lb wing, two thermo valves new jet fins and many other odds and ends lol.

Digital to test and compare your AI transmitter.

1640747142035.jpeg

DGX unit for $48, cap for $6 and, if you need a yolk adapter, $25. So $80. That will probably get you to free shipping. If it’s a bit more, get a couple of bolt snaps. Can never have too many.
Agreed. Got one last December and am very pleased with it

That sure is mega pressure for an analyser ha ha na yeah good idea I would push the wrong button and blow it up

Perfectly good old reg sets with gauges can be found on Ebay or Craigslist for less than $50.... I have an old Conshelf 22 that I use as my "garage" reg... It's fine for pressure checks plus it has a tire inflator that lives on the LP inflator hose......plus...I taped an old funnel onto the exhaust port of the octo for any "blowing" needs..

detrAEi.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom