Tank Marking

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RockLobster

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am interested in the methods used to place a marking, such as a lobster permit number, on the side of a tank. Is using paint the typical method? What can be done when using a rental tank? Are there any specs on the color, size, etc of the marking? Let me know how you've done it or wish you had done. Thanks.

Use a slate that has your numbers listed (usually a piece of plastic 4 inches wide by a foot long) that has straps to attach to your tank. That way you can transfer between tanks. Most dive stores should have these.

For placing my permit number on my tanks, I use adhesive number stickers used for displaying home address numbers. They are 3 inches high and are reflective. You can find them at home depot. Very cheap.

I am interested in the methods used to place a marking, such as a lobster permit number, on the side of a tank. Is using paint the typical method? What can be done when using a rental tank? Are there any specs on the color, size, etc of the marking? Let me know how you've done it or wish you had done. Thanks.
Try these velco tank markers:

SCUBA Air Tank Name Tag - SCUBA Products - YourBagTag.com

At least one of the dive boat operators will have you put the numbers on if you are bug hunting.

CAD. My dive buddy had to put his numbers on a few times, with electrical tape. I don't blame them, apparently there is some risk to the boat operator if there is a problem with the catch or if someone is taking without license -- though I'm not 100% sure.

Back
Top Bottom