Tank Holders

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I finally got my very cool Tankcaddy in the mail the other day. Pretty stoked to have my tanks stay put when I need get through the waves in a timely manner.

I had them add some braces to their design to make stronger longitudinally.

I will use straps to keep it in place when I am running. Plus

Shameless plug: The folks at www.tankcaddy.com were fantastic and their product is great. PM me if anyone wants the specs that I sent to them for my build. They can build this model in a 4,6 or 8 tank version. I made sure it would fit a fat lp95 w/boot.

Tony
Portland

I like to put the tanks forward of the console because behind is a 40 gallon fuel tank and the yamaha 115 4 stroke on the stern.

With 8 tanks and gear for 4 divers it can really chew up the waves. So now that my tanks will be secure I should be able to hit it pretty hard when the waves kick up or when I am on the ocean.

TN

Roll Control install

Aloha:
Here's a pic of my install of the rail system and roll control. As posted by others, the height of the rail is important for tank bands. On my boat I put in two 4 ft rails end to end on each side. Lotsa room for 12 tanks & six sets of gear. Countersunk the screw holes into the rail so they are flush & won't obstruct the sliding tank holders. I went with the adjustable fold away type, easier to handle different sized tanks, but kind of a pain since you have to slide em off to adjust.

Since I drilled thru the glass and into the plywood inside, I did it right: oversize holes filled with west system epoxy, cured dry & hard, then drilled into epoxy for the stainless screws. Rock solid & waterproof. Luckily the side gunnels of this boat are pretty straight. The aluminum rails didn't have to bend/flex much at all.

Also used their rail cleats to hang my fenders, a nice extra. Geez I sound like a salesman...

Dri-Dek cut to size protects the deck & keeps feet & gear separated from sand or grunge.View attachment 26320

Back
Top Bottom