Tank Equalizer for $2.50

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This was linked today in a Pony Fill thread but its past due for a bump for all the new DIY'ers on the board.

Hey mods, how do we get this made a sticky.

Thanks for the bump. I've just added a 19 cf pony to my dive setup and love this simple and elegant solution. It's perfect for travel. I just ordered 2 of the adapters from newegg.com via the prior link. I'm considering using two adapters with a hose, so I won't be fiddling around with my spg. I do have two questions though: 1. I dive nitrox and have my own tanks, so how/where do I go to have these oxygen cleaned? 2. Will I need to add an oring on the spg hose connector side to prevent a possible leak?

You only need one adapter and a hose.

You don't need an o-ring.

Thanks for the bump. I've just added a 19 cf pony to my dive setup and love this simple and elegant solution. It's perfect for travel. I just ordered 2 of the adapters from newegg.com via the prior link. I'm considering using two adapters with a hose, so I won't be fiddling around with my spg. I do have two questions though: 1. I dive nitrox and have my own tanks, so how/where do I go to have these oxygen cleaned? 2. Will I need to add an oring on the spg hose connector side to prevent a possible leak?
1. Its been a few years but I don't recall doing anything special with mine for use with recreational nitrox. Maybe just a dip and brush with some simple green.

2. I did have to add an o-ring.

I sure would not worry about O2 cleaning. You are not having the 19cf tank filled with partial pressure O2 blending. My 19cf pony was bought Nitrox ready and the valve as well, but it has straight 21% in it right now.

If you're using the single hose setup, then one o-ring on each HP fitting, size -011. The flared connection is metal on metal and requires no seal. No O2 cleaning is necessary for transferring a nitrox mix of 40% or less. However, I too would give it a good scrubbing with Simple Green or something similar.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom