tank carrier

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubatrooper:
One picture is with the holder layed out the way you would use it and the other is when you pick up the holder and it collapses.

It just takes a little bit of tinkering to get the length of the rope right. It does however, hold tanks firmly in place. I do want to caution everyone who may make this and put their tanks in the back of their pick-ups. If your pickup bed is open put the tanks angainst the cab. Cause if you have to stop quickly or are invlovled in an accident you can't duck fast enough and the tanks will be in the cab with you.

I've seen this from various items left in the back of pickups just inside the tailgate:D

Joe

I (and a lot of others) did the same thing using pool noodles instead of the PVC. There’s also someone around here (sorry, too lazy to give proper credit) who used PVC inside of the pool noodles.

I like your 'collapsible’ idea, but do you ever want to haul just one or two tanks? I made mine with knots on each side of each pool noodle, and I can haul from 1 to 6 tanks.

Back
Top Bottom