Tank Bands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaInChicago, you make no sense. There should be rules against posting while intoxicated. :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

That's the only thing that make SB so much fun....everyone has their panties in a bunch and are so quick to type a response...

BTW...I did not type the 50/50 rule thread....:rofl3:

I have a set of the 7.25 Piranha bands. Haven't assembled them yet but the build quality is very good, excellent welds, and the price is hard to beat. Their service is also friendly & efficient and shipping is prompt & reasonably priced

Not a great photo sorry (my camera only takes good photos 50% of the time) but you get the idea:

Attachments

• 18122009.jpg
    18122009.jpg
    263.6 KB · Views: 78
I have a set of the 7.25 Piranha bands. Haven't assembled them yet but the build quality is very good, excellent welds, and the price is hard to beat. Their service is also friendly & efficient and shipping is prompt & reasonably priced

Not a great photo sorry (my camera only takes good photos 50% of the time) but you get the idea:

Really nice photo and welds, I still wouldn't dive 2-1/2" bands on 8" tanks...but who am I?

Thanks

Not to derail the thread (no, never...) but I've read on here that the 'old' Highlands bands were the shiz, but have gone downhill since XS Scuba bought them out - and that people are chasing around after 2nd-hand pre-XS Highlands bands

How have they changed, and how do you ID the new from the old?

I would give them a call and just confirm that the welds are continuous and not spot welded. ....

The welds are continuous and very good to excellent, according to my dad who learned to weld when he was 12.

Last edited:
Looks like they are listing 2" band; their chinese manufacturer much have messed and made a lot fo 2" bands. This is confusing since the one line says 2.5" bands, and another says 2" bands.

I like my Dive Rite bands. Just keep an eye out on eBay and craigslist for bands.

How have they changed, and how do you ID the new from the old?

Don't know how or even if they changed, but I got a set of older Highland bands and they have a Highland sticker, not the punched logo. So that'd be one way to tell them apart.

Henrik

Don't know how or even if they changed, but I got a set of older Highland bands and they have a Highland sticker, not the punched logo. So that'd be one way to tell them apart.

Henrik

How about a close-up of the welds?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom