Tampa vs Ft Lauderdale diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CBulla:
Its not like diving the Living Seas or an Aquarium like the east cost. ... Want to see some of the life? Go here: http://www.conchdivers.com/psd/boca/Album2/index.htm

LOL. You're right - at least here you get to see something. Out of all those pages there were only 4 underwater pictures of "life". All the rest of the action was above the water. :D

Marc

PS How many shears will you have next Saturday? Can I get 2?

FLL Diver:
LOL. You're right - at least here you get to see something. Out of all those pages there were only 4 underwater pictures of "life". All the rest of the action was above the water. :D

Marc

Send your e and I will send you u/w phots in the Gulf

FLL Diver:

Marc

There were some more pics, but because of the inherent nature of Boca Grande Pass, its a tough place to do much with anything except hang on! We were lucky on the second day for a somewhat slack current of 4-6kts on the surface (2-4 at depth) and those pictures turned out well enough for posting. There are more pictures I have not yet posted and more to be sent to me that can be used.

I will have shears. I'm surprised at the response here even locally. I'll be bringing 45 pair with me to the clean up. :)

CBulla:
I will have shears. I'm surprised at the response here even locally. I'll be bringing 45 pair with me to the clean up. :)

Save me 2 pair!

Thanks for your replies so far. I will hopefully hit both locatoins this summer, but just trying to decide which to hit first.

I'll set the shears aside. Keep in mind, they have no sheath.. just shears. Finding a sheath that is dive gear compatable is tough... I may have to resort to manufacturing them myself. Anyway, this thread is about how Gulf diving is much better than diving the East Coast of FL :)

CBulla:

Excellent. I can't wait to start cutting pennies in half. :D

Marc

Who here dives Tampa and where do you go?

Being in Orlando, I'm interested in finding out if there's anything in Tampa OR Daytona (central Fla) worthwhile.

If it didn't require a 6 hr round-trip drive, my wife and I would be diving every weekend.

cra2:

Being in Orlando, I'm interested in finding out if there's anything in Tampa OR Daytona (central Fla) worthwhile.

If it didn't require a 6 hr round-trip drive, my wife and I would be diving every weekend.

I have been diving out of New Port Richey and it is pretty good diving. THe caveat is that it's a long ride out to the sites. We did a wreck far out, a rock wall in closer, and finished up with group of tanks that were sunk as an artificial "reef" (more like a few mini-reefs).

Also, you might try spring/spring fed river dciving. The water in say, Rainbow River, about an hour away, is easily as clear as most ocean dive sites. The quality of the reporduction is low, but the following page shows a couple of pics from Rainbow river. You can see the grass about 15 feet beyond me in the lower pic.

http://sylviaandcorey.kucks.net/Corey/divepix/dive2a.html

Actually, the lower pic here is worse quality but you can see the divers and get a better idea of how clear the water is.

http://sylviaandcorey.kucks.net/Corey/divepix/dive3.html

That's my $.02.

cra2:

Being in Orlando puts you withing 1-3 hours of a LOT of good diving of a wide variety. :) Venice Beach, Branden, Sarasota dive boats, Tampa dive boats, Springs and rivers north of Tampa, Springs in the central portion of the state, and diving from Jacksonville to Miami Beach on the Atlantic. Hopefully we'll get people posting information in the Sticky post I put up... that'll get the information in a spot that is easy to find until the site is ready to go live.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom