Suggestion Tampa bay sub-forum

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
D

dgiese01

New
Reaction score
Anybody in here live in the Tampa Bay area? I'm new to diving and am looking for a buddy or 5... My only friend who dives lives in GA so we can only dive together a few times a year. I'm getting a little sick of always being at the mercy of dive charters all the time.

I'm not into any specialty or difficult dives yet, I just want to log some nice easy dives for awhile until I get more comfortable and then the real fun can begin!

Pasco works for me as long as it isn't at the crack of dawn.

I've been with Tanks and Seafox. Like SeaFox a bit better.

Clearwater sounds really really good. That is only a 5 minute boat trip as well. Further there is plenty to do topside if we wanted to get lunch or something after. Actually, I really like this idea.

We should all keep BlackThorn in mind for the future. I did that once with my boat but that was from Tierre Verde, made for a super long trip. Didn't help I had boat issues on the way back, aaack. Hose came detached and I had water spraying at me. Alarm going off. Oh, let me just forget that day :D

Narcosis, Eandiver why don't you guys be the leaders on this one and just keep us informed. I have been in touch with meme regularly.

eandiver:
Pasco tanks sound good. Max depth is about 40' so that gives plenty of bottom time and the ride is short. I'll look and see what I have in that area for other sites. Another site for future thought is the debris of the old Clearwater Pass bridge Lots of relief, baracudas and other fish.

Sheridan is only 80' to the bottom with the wheel house and deck in the 50' to 60' range so you have plenty of time to see things. That would be a good spot for a charter boat (Tanks a Lot, Sea Fox or Plunger) trip.

FWIW I'm up for spring diving anytime. I'll be doing my cavern/intro to cave class in July so that will open up lots of new sites to dive.

We are looking at the 18th or 19th to do the gulf? I'm going to Ginnie or another spring the following weekend.

Please everyone remember to vote for the Tampa sub-forum under the Conchs. This way we won't be lost in the shuffle. Further, we can check on it and see who is doing what daily. Who is up for diving, etc.

T minus and counting to this Sundays dive, :multi:

I just re-posted in the request for a sub-forum thread. Right now it's just missdirected and me asking. If some of the other supporting members posted a request as well we might get a positive answer. here is the thread http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=133028 For non-supporting members maybe one of you could start a post in the site support-suggestions subforum referencing the above post.

missdirected, I'm not a crack of dawn person either so trust me, it won't be at the crack of dawn. I would like to plan to be out there at slack high or low tide, I'll have to look at a chart and figure out what time that would be. You interested in the Saturday Venice dive?
If the vis is bad I'm thinking of doing something inshore near Anclote/Tarpon. maybe a reef, or try finding the P38, or maybe Eandiver has a suggestion

N@rco$i$:
I just re-posted in the request for a sub-forum thread. Right now it's just missdirected and me asking. If some of the other supporting members posted a request as well we might get a positive answer. here is the thread http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=133028 For non-supporting members maybe one of you could start a post in the site support-suggestions subforum referencing the above post.

missdirected, I'm not a crack of dawn person either so trust me, it won't be at the crack of dawn. I would like to plan to be out there at slack high or low tide, I'll have to look at a chart and figure out what time that would be. You interested in the Saturday Venice dive?
If the vis is bad I'm thinking of doing something inshore near Anclote/Tarpon. maybe a reef, or try finding the P38, or maybe Eandiver has a suggestion

Anclote or Tarpon sounds good. Remember, MissDirected and tell me how far do you think Venice is for me? :) Meaning if it is not too far I am game. If it is far, comined with I'm not crazy about anything there, then I think I'll skip it.

not sure where your coming from, but if your near 275, take it south over the skyway to 75 south and take 75 south to exit 200, we can meet there. If your close to 75 just take 75 south to exit 200. trip for me in the Wesley chapel area is about an hours ride, probably a little less for you.
If we get blown out and do a boat trip out of Tarpon I can give you directions to the marina, and I'm in the last marina before the mouth of the river so I pull out and floor it.

The numbers I have are for two tanks about 100' apart so I will bring my GPS. I have a Garmin map 76S that goes on the boat and bike. Handy little thing. I would say how I tried to get the free shaft back but I would be flamed to death on the board. Hint: It's lodged in the turret and you have to take all your gear off to get in the hatch. Sure am glad I spent 6 years in M60A1's and know my way around em. and don't worry......I don't do that kind of stuff anymore.

Sorry to say but I get up wayyyyy before the crack of dawn. That being said I'll go whenever everyone wants. I'll check on vis toward the end of the week.

Would it be possible to get a Tampa Bay sub-forum in the conchs section? We seem to have a lot of interest. and divers. and boats:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom