Suggestion Tampa bay sub-forum

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
D

dgiese01

New
Reaction score
Anybody in here live in the Tampa Bay area? I'm new to diving and am looking for a buddy or 5... My only friend who dives lives in GA so we can only dive together a few times a year. I'm getting a little sick of always being at the mercy of dive charters all the time.

I'm not into any specialty or difficult dives yet, I just want to log some nice easy dives for awhile until I get more comfortable and then the real fun can begin!

Paradise Springs is on my list of places to dive. I was toying with the idea of hitting that site in April. If you haven't gone by then let me know, I'll do it.

Did someone mention a bigger boat? And splitting the cost of gas???? Unfortunately, I will be tied up the next couple of weekends, one in Chicago for St. Paddy's Day (see boat name below) and the other probably putting the outdrive together (boat maintenance stuff) but after that I'm game. I'm just at the south end of the Skyway Bridge, and always looking for some to dive with. Keep us posted on the Tampa Bay area thing!

Rich

So when are we planning on this one? Have we nailed down a date yet? Weekend of the 25th - 26th?

I've only been to Tampa city proper - not sure on drive times to any of the places mentioned - but looking forward to meeting some new people and getting wet.

D.

Pasco tanks sound good. Max depth is about 40' so that gives plenty of bottom time and the ride is short. I'll look and see what I have in that area for other sites. Another site for future thought is the debris of the old Clearwater Pass bridge Lots of relief, baracudas and other fish.

Sheridan is only 80' to the bottom with the wheel house and deck in the 50' to 60' range so you have plenty of time to see things. That would be a good spot for a charter boat (Tanks a Lot, Sea Fox or Plunger) trip.

FWIW I'm up for spring diving anytime. I'll be doing my cavern/intro to cave class in July so that will open up lots of new sites to dive.

We are looking at the 18th or 19th to do the gulf? I'm going to Ginnie or another spring the following weekend.

hey gang fgray1 and I are always out and about going to different dive sites so if you see we'll say HI and maybe we can help coordinate some of these dives for you all to come and get together with.

Check out the Mega Dive weekend the Florida conchs have
http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=132082

eandiver:
Pasco tanks sound good. Max depth is about 40' so that gives plenty of bottom time and the ride is short..

Ok then, lets keep this first get-together simple and fun and do the Pasco tanks. I'll just check with Missdirected and me2me2 to make sure there game and away we go. That will make a full boat too, I have 2 others i need to take so that makes 6 people.

eandiver:
We are looking at the 18th or 19th to do the gulf? I'm going to Ginnie or another spring the following weekend.

I have a pre-planned Venice shark tooth beach dive for Saturday the 18th, anybody can come ( i've got room for 1 or 2 more in my truck), and I'm planning the Pasco tanks for Sunday the 19th. If you, misdirected, and me2me2 come, plus the other 2 I have, thats a full boat.

I'm going to post the Venice trip in the calander on Thursday, I am trying to come up with a back-up plan for Saturday incase vis is 0' again.

BTW, got the PM Eandiver, I'll PM back later today.

GDI:
hey gang fgray1 and I are always out and about going to different dive sites so if you see we'll say HI and maybe we can help coordinate some of these dives for you all to come and get together with.

You guys up for the Saturday Venice dive ?

frogman_5:
Did someone mention a bigger boat? And splitting the cost of gas???? Unfortunately, I will be tied up the next couple of weekends, one in Chicago for St. Paddy's Day (see boat name below) and the other probably putting the outdrive together (boat maintenance stuff) but after that I'm game.
Rich

I'm thinking Sheridan trip in April, Just let me know what my end of the gas bill would be for 3 people.:D

N@rco$i$:
You guys up for the Saturday Venice dive ?

this Saturday I'll be up at Blue Grotto in Williston doing a referral student check out. So if any one is up that way come and say hello. White van with trailer and frog logo on the side. I'll be in the water wearing my sidemount config

frogman_5:
Did someone mention a bigger boat? And splitting the cost of gas???? Unfortunately, I will be tied up the next couple of weekends, one in Chicago for St. Paddy's Day (see boat name below) and the other probably putting the outdrive together (boat maintenance stuff) but after that I'm game. I'm just at the south end of the Skyway Bridge, and always looking for some to dive with. Keep us posted on the Tampa Bay area thing!

Rich

I'm game for that always. I used to keep my boat near you. Tierre Verde High & Dri. Her name was MissDirected, 28' Maxuum Sport Cruiser. Anyway, chipping is for gas sounds like an awesome deal.

Back
Top Bottom