Tampa Bay Area Divers, Part 3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HI guys .
Am in Orlando till tuesday.
Making my way over to Tampa later that day.
As we all know sunday has the grand title of dive with Duncan !!!
Does /is anyone want /need a buddy to go out in the week day .I may have given the impression that I can only dive on the sunday.
Have car will travell can give lift.
Anyone for a short shore dive followed by a cool beer....:14:

Wish I could. but I can't.

There's a wreck you can beach dive off of Anna Maria Island, the Regina, also known as the "Sugar Barge". It's about 100 yards off shore and should be marked with a bouy. Viz is definitely weather dependent being so close to shore. Call Pete or Lorraine the Seatrek dive shop, they're just across the street from the wreck.

Rich

Missdirected:
A couple of things to think about. If the Irish Wake doesn't go out where shall we dive? I suggest finding out from Frogman what he thinks. Next make sure everyone is confirmed, no ifs, and or buts. Just trying to think ahead :D

Just confirming that I am in for Sunday.

Duncan sorry I can't join you for a weekday dive this week. However, the wife and were thinking about checking out the Regina this Saturday, depending on Visibility. She is newly certified and I thought that may be good dive to get her a little practice dive.

My wife and I are planning on spending a couple weeks in Tampa at the beginning of June and she is newly certified for OW. What places could you recommend for me to take her around there? I'm not really worried about going deep or anything, I just want something safe for her so that she can get some bottom time and build her skills and such. I hadn't really thought much about going into the gulf because I thought there might be currents, but I don't really know since I've never been in the gulf, so, I wouldn't be against it if there's not much current. Can you give me some recommendations? Thanks

Adi Rolf, try Rainbow river if your looking for a spring dive, try the M60 Army tanks if your looking for a Gulf dive. Rainbow river is about 21 +- feet, and the Tanks are in 35 feet of water. Both easy dives. Narcosis divers (no relation) in Tarpon Springs goes out to the tanks, and You can drive up to Rainbow river. If you come on a weekend in June and decide to do Rainbow river contact me and I'll do it with you.

Hey when anyone does the tanks in the Gulf let me know if I can tag along!

Thanks! Ann

dive4funOften:
Hey when anyone does the tanks in the Gulf let me know if I can tag along!

Thanks! Ann

If you can do a week day, how about Tuesday May 9th. Maybe we could get Missdirected to tag along too.

Take a look at my photo gallery for some pics of the tanks.

Thanks, we'll definately look into both of those dives. I'd love to see the tanks. If we go on the weekend for Rainbow River, I'll let you know and if ya'll don't get out to see the tanks before we get there, we'll be glad to tag-along if that's o.k.

Thanks again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom