Tall Women's wetsuits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lulubelle

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello all,

I'm going to be shopping for a 7mm and must have a tall cut and a super stretchy fabric for fit.

What brands besides Henderson cut talls for women? I don't want to go custom as this will not be my "main" suit, I just want to extend my dive season here in NC and am not interested in a dry suit.

Thanks!

Thanks! Fit matters more for this suit than my 3mm. Even in the tall cut, the legs of my 3mm leave several inches of exposed leg between my tall booties and the wetsuit. And since this purchase is for colder diving, it really needs to be long enough.

Do you particularly need it to be women's - ie the main thing most of the time is the level of bustiness and hipsiness? If not then I would advice looking into certain brands of men's suits. If you have long back like I do, you might have better luck.

Way back when I still used 7mm (and might go back for using it in warm waters!), I had good luck with Cressi. They make nicely cut guys' suits that are tall enough. I was able to buy smaller sizes and get enough length. They do not cut shoulders wide like barn doors. Their women's correct sizes were always too short or huge on top for me. Not the stretchiest but I think they now use better material.

Some of my female friends swear by Pinnacle's suits. I found them not to be tall enough for me but I hear they've come up with pretty stretchy ones lately and I like their quality, so I might look at them next time I need a suit (especially because I've seen some great offers around for the thick suits). If your torso is not the long part, I would def give them a glance.

Do you particularly need it to be women's - ie the main thing most of the time is the level of bustiness and hipsiness? If not then I would advice looking into certain brands of men's suits. If you have long back like I do, you might have better luck.

Way back when I still used 7mm (and might go back for using it in warm waters!), I had good luck with Cressi. They make nicely cut guys' suits that are tall enough. I was able to buy smaller sizes and get enough length. They do not cut shoulders wide like barn doors. Their women's correct sizes were always too short or huge on top for me. Not the stretchiest but I think they now use better material.

Some of my female friends swear by Pinnacle's suits. I found them not to be tall enough for me but I hear they've come up with pretty stretchy ones lately and I like their quality, so I might look at them next time I need a suit (especially because I've seen some great offers around for the thick suits). If your torso is not the long part, I would def give them a glance.

My torso is pretty average, I'm all leg, 36' inseam. I'll spare you the details...but I definitely need a female suit. Thank God for hyperstretch fabric or I would already be in custom. I'll try the Pinnacles, thanks for the suggestion. Do you know if they make longs?

My torso is pretty average, I'm all leg, 36' inseam. I'll spare you the details...but I definitely need a female suit. Thank God for hyperstretch fabric or I would already be in custom. I'll try the Pinnacles, thanks for the suggestion. Do you know if they make longs?

If you are all legs, I am not so sure about Pinnacle. I know I once tagged it under "short" company myself but it was because their suits wedgied on me. Their size chart was really odd (I am sure you can find somewhat current - and model specific, as I think they were that weird). Again, if I recall right they did not have many Talls in womens, and they weren't in the bigger sizes. 36' is impressive if you otherwise don't need the biggest suit - you really need to look for the stretch and long boots I'd guess.

Good luck!

Look at wetwear custom suits. Call kristen 954-458-0400, they will make the suit to your fitting and needs. Good luck

If you are all legs, I am not so sure about Pinnacle. I know I once tagged it under "short" company myself but it was because their suits wedgied on me. Their size chart was really odd (I am sure you can find somewhat current - and model specific, as I think they were that weird). Again, if I recall right they did not have many Talls in womens, and they weren't in the bigger sizes. 36' is impressive if you otherwise don't need the biggest suit - you really need to look for the stretch and long boots I'd guess.

Good luck!

Boots are also a challenge, I'm a 10AAAA shoe. I'm getting ready to glue a piece of old neoprene around the midfoot of my tall boots to make them fit better. I can't go any shorter.

I'll try the Pinnacle, my torso isn't so long, so we'll see.

For boots, look at the tilos platinum boots. They have a thick sole for Shore diving, like in Bonaire where the coral is rough on your feet. LOL

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom