Talk to me about your home. Yeah, Yeah, you've probably done this before... ;-)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

T.C.

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello, all. I'm in the first beginning stages of planning a trip to Hawaii (should I properly include the apostrophe?) and would like your advice. On everything and anything; no advice will go unconsidered.

This trip would be myself and a friend who dives as well. Length of our stay would be 7-10 days in the second half of March; possibly more days up to 2 weeks. I would likely rent a car/light truck for traveling. Diving interests: Photography and macro photography. Diver skill level is AOW and MSD; both divers possess a full set of equipment. We'd like to do shore diving as well as boat dives, and of course some local tourism, like the volcanoes; I would definitely enjoy visiting Pearl Harbor.

Questions:
Where do we start...First, recommendations of which Island(s) I should look at for the best diving- in your opinion. What sites and features would you do over, and which would you skip? How feasible is diving multiple Islands while based in one place (so we don't have to make multiple hotel reservations)

What dive operations do you use and recommend. Feel free to name those that you don't recommend either.

What should I know about planning the trip that outsiders don't know or consider?

Non-diving stuff; what's your recommendations for local adventures; and what are the local tourist traps that we should avoid?

For those who may serve; what's the guest lodging like on Schofield Barracks or Pearl Harbor?

I will doubtlessly be back to post more questions; will answer any questions you have, and am very, VERY grateful for any help and advice you have! Thanks for your time!!

Back
Top Bottom