Talcum

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Did you know that if you wear panty hose you can slip in or out of a wet / dry suit easier? learned this from female dive buddy.

Is there something you want to reveal to us :surprised

fmw625:
Did you know that if you wear panty hose you can slip in or out of a wet / dry suit easier? learned this from female dive buddy.

of course when my brother was in boot camp their D.I. told them all that panty hose would help prevent blisters if they wore them under their socks - the local drug store was bought out that afternoon by his whole barracks.

He found it quite funny watching - but says they did work - lol.

My dad told me about the westuit and pantyhose trick. I told it to my dive buddies....I still haven't stopped getting crap for that one. No matter how well it works, I doubt I'll ever try it!

"Is there something you want to reveal to us"

All I'm saying is, is that it does work.

Hey all, thanks for the replies! As far as KY, look at question #2 in the original post. I know there are a lot of people using KY...for their suits...but no one has mentioned anything from the manufacturers.

It sounds like all are using either talc, or KY, regardless of seal material?

Once again, thanks for the replies!

Steve

www.napaonline.com. Use search for Napa part number. Enter "7651339" for Balkamp Tire Talc. A sixteen ounce can is just $5.99.

I pour some into a picnic salt shaker (plastic with snap shut lid) and throw the shaker into my parts kit or dive bag. Open the salt shaker, shove inside the wrist cuff, shake a bit inside, mix around to make sure that it gets everywhere you want, carefully take out the shaker, cap the shaker, take the cuff over to anyplace you would not mind spilling a bit of talc (over the side of the boat) and dump any excess.

I have been using the same can for about a year and a half, averaging at least two dive outings per month. I still have about a quarter of a can left (and I have lost a couple of the salt shakers full of talc over the course of that time).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom