talc question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ok so i just bought my first drysuit and i hear that i need talc. can someone please explain what it is for and how to use it? also are there any substitutes for talc? thanks

I put talc on the inside of my wrist seals before I don them since it makes it MUCH easier for me to get my monster hands through the seals :) Otherwise I have to wrestle getting my hands through the wrist seals and getting them properly positioned on my wrists. I also have used talc on my neck seal as I have been stretching it (a bit to snug on my neck at the moment).

I have read about some putting talk on their seals when they store their suits, but I am not sure why yet.

HTH.

I don the lower half of my suit, then fold the first inch of 2 of my wrist seals inside out from the outside. Apply your talc and use a finger or two to distribute it in the inverted seals, then revert the seal. Slim your hand by squeezing your thumb toward your pinky and heavily talc your fingers, knucles, and thumb muscle and insert through the seal. Only small adjustment should be needed after that and you are less likely to have the suit seal stretch, rip, or roll up backwards on your wrists. Talc should not be needed on neck seal as your hands normally do the stretching of the seal to fit your head. If you have a traditional chest zip (front or back) put the top portion of the suit above you and insert your hands on the inside of the seal, one in front of your face, and one behind your head. Only a slight stretch is needed and you can pull it over your head. Remove hair from the seal, zip, and dive

Back
Top Bottom