talc question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've had good luck with a mixture of baby shampoo and water in a spray bottle.

Agree, pure talc, baby powder has other things in it such as perfume which can interact with parts of the suit.

dunno about that. I've been using babypowder for years because in Holland you can't buy unscented talc powder at the supermarket and the only thing it does is make me smell nice. :) I've never had the impression that it did any damage to my suit and I dive a lot.

R..

Reactions: Jax
KY:
prefer sex lub myself.. forms a better seal, and doesn't blow everywhere on dive boats making you look like you've got a dandruff problem...

But then you have that "greasy kid stuff" look in your hair :rofl3:

well... as i haven't any hair anymore, it just makes my nonce look all shiny and polished :)

There's something about a bald guy using sex-lub on his head to get it through the neck seal that I don't want to think about :D

R..

There's something about a bald guy using sex-lub on his head to get it through the neck seal that I don't want to think about :D

R..

i feel like i've seen this horrible video before

well, dont forget, you have to ask your dive buddies to help put it on :D

.... and "get it off" :rofl3:

I think we might have just gone outside the PG-13 thing there. :D

My regular buddy is bald too and I'm a pretty open guy but there are some things he's just going to have to work out for himself :wink:

R..

Talc on the seals for storage? I wonder what that does for them?

Yep, I've heard about the KY on the neck and seals .. I would think that would be better after it gets wet than a powder

For storage I've been using UV Tech and it keeps the new neck seal new, and very much helped the dry and starting to crack wrist seals, they feel much better now and I've used it without them tearing (DUI is OK with that product, and others that contain water soluble silicone only)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom