talc question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

11x

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
ok so i just bought my first drysuit and i hear that i need talc. can someone please explain what it is for and how to use it? also are there any substitutes for talc? thanks

ok so i just bought my first drysuit and i hear that i need talc. can someone please explain what it is for and how to use it? also are there any substitutes for talc? thanks

Your profile indicates that you own or work for a diveshop. If that is accurate, you should talk to someone there or where you bought the suit, as there are other things you will want to understand about a drysuit.

I use talc (not babypowder) on my wrist seals. Makes is easier to get my hand through.

bought the suit off the internet. the owner of the shop i help out at is working in the bahamas right now and is unavaliable. i am scheduled to take a drysuit class in a few weeks. i just want to kind of get my head around some of the special things i am going to need that i dont already own. i also heard that corn starch will do the same job.

Talc is used for for neck and wrist seals so your head and hands can slip into the latex seals.

If you try to don with seals a bit wet , you will see how difficult it can be to slide into the seals.

It also protects the seals from tearing because of rough handling.

prefer sex lub myself.. forms a better seal, and doesn't blow everywhere on dive boats making you look like you've got a dandruff problem...

DUI recommends that you put talc on the latex seals during storage. It is supposed to increase the lifespan of the seals.

KY:
prefer sex lub myself.. forms a better seal, and doesn't blow everywhere on dive boats making you look like you've got a dandruff problem...

OKY.
icon_redface.gif
and it disappears too without leaving crud like when you have itching.

Back
Top Bottom