Taking the Giant Step

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nannymouse

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
:DI grew up in Laguna Beach, Ca. and have surfed, swam, or snorkled at every beach between newport Pier and Camp Pendleton at one time or another. I have a lot of experience as a waterman, including four years as an ocean lifeguard, but I am new to scuba.

My friend called me recently and said "We're getting dive certs! Come to the dive shop RIGHT NOW, and bring your credit card!" getting our Open Water certs was fun and easy. I was a bit worried about an old ear injury, but it hasn't been a problem.

I look forward to exploring these same beaches that I grew up on, learning new things, and earning new certifications. I also look forward to making new friends, both in the water, and online.

I am building my gear, and am on the lookout for good deals on BCs, Regs, Comps and Tanks. I asked my boss for a raise and he said "NO", then I asked him if I could get the company to pay for my equipment under the heading of "Safety Gear". He must have some sense of humor, because I am still employed.

It's nice to find a good diving website! See ya in the water!!

Welcome to the board & Congrats on getting certified!

Welcome to the 'board and to diving!!!!!!!!!!!!
Feel free to drop on down to your new local dive forum and join inth fun ...........
ScubaBoard - SoCal
You will find good buddies, great times, and great help in you progress to a better diver.
Join us on one of our "wrinkles BBQ/beach dives" or any othere chances to get wet... Enjoy!

:DI grew up in Laguna Beach, Ca. and have surfed, swam, or snorkeled at every beach between Newport Pier and Camp Pendleton at one time or another. I have a lot of experience as a waterman, including four years as an ocean lifeguard, but I am new to scuba.

My friend called me recently and said "We're getting dive certs! Come to the dive shop RIGHT NOW, and bring your credit card!" getting our Open Water certs was fun and easy. I was a bit worried about an old ear injury, but it hasn't been a problem.

I look forward to exploring these same beaches that I grew up on, learning new things, and earning new certifications. I also look forward to making new friends, both in the water, and on line.

I am building my gear, and am on the lookout for good deals on BCs, Regs, Comps and Tanks. I asked my boss for a raise and he said "NO", then I asked him if I could get the company to pay for my equipment under the heading of "Safety Gear". He must have some sense of humor, because I am still employed.

I don't know what size BC you need but a person just posted and Aeris ATMOS XT that he bought in 2007 for $135 which is a very good deal. It is a size large. The URL for the ScubaBoard posting appears below:

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/ge...-aeris-atmos-xt-b-c-large-used-few-times.html

:DI grew up in Laguna Beach, Ca. and have surfed, swam, or snorkled at every beach between newport Pier and Camp Pendleton at one time or another. I have a lot of experience as a waterman, including four years as an ocean lifeguard, but I am new to scuba.

I look forward to exploring these same beaches that I grew up on, learning new things, and earning new certifications. I also look forward to making new friends, both in the water, and online.

I am in the same situation as you...i grew up in Irvine, surfing Newport and spending a lot of time at CDM as well. I got my certification last year and just started putting together a BC and regulator setup...search ebay, i got a Zeagle Ranger BC, scubapro r190/AK2 with depth guage for $350...already had wetsuit, fins, mask, etc from surfing and cert. testing. just need to get weight belt. maybe we can go out diving together since im new to this and unfortunately for me, i couldnt get any of my friends to get a diving cert with me so i need to find diving buddies.

Back
Top Bottom