Introducing myself

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JeniXo

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello,
I am new here. My name is Jeni. I am a transgender woman who is looking to get back into diving. Way back in the day I got my open water but thanks to a lot of baggage, social anxiety being one of them, I never did anything with it. Now I am looking to get back into diving and I am looking for a group of friends to join in the Sacramento, CA area to go diving with once I get my skills up to par. I am looking into an audit of an open water course at the moment. Any advice for the Sacramento area would be appreciated. I am looking forward to getting to know you all.

Thanks,
Jeni

Welcome. You might try posting in one of the California forums to find a group of divers. We also do two big trips a year that might interest you.

Welcome to SB!

Yes, you should consider a "refresher" course. Good idea.

We have NorCal sub-forum you might post in for local advice and dive buddies. There's also a LGBTQIA Friends and Perspectives forum.
Thank you, I will check those out. I had considered a refresher course, but my open water was so long ago, I feel it would be better for me to audit the open water course. Just do the whole class, but not have to do the cert dives. My open water was that long ago.

Jeni

Thank you, I will check those out. I had considered a refresher course, but my open water was so long ago, I feel it would be better for me to audit the open water course. Just do the whole class, but not have to do the cert dives. My open water was that long ago.

Jeni
Hi Jeni,
Good to start with classes!
The in water practice is also good for your confidence so some pool practice and easy dive check out dives would be great for you confidence before planning a trip. I am east coast diver but west coast dive clubs probably know the best places to start diving to ease back into it.

Enjoy and welcome back!

Back
Top Bottom