Taking pictures of the Moon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Below is one I took in Panama, off the Contadora island. The moon isn't as large as I would have wanted though.

DSC00013.jpg

justleesa:
Wow!!! fantastic...that is what I was trying to achieve...guess I need a telescope to get that quality, eh?

I'm glad you liked them! :D
Well... if you have a very long lens for an SLR camera, you could take moon pics like this... but lenses in that category are VERY expensive. You can hook up a camera to any telescope and take great pictures of the moon for a fraction of the cost. But yes, a telescope would be the best way to get shots of this quality. You won't be able to do it with a regular camera lens.

Regards,
Tony

Scubatooth:
abqdiver

do you have the orginal file that came out of the camera? (uneditted?)

I don't know. It was taken about 2.5years ago and has survived a computer crash and hard drive juggling. I'll check when I get home this evening.

Have any of you ever taken a picture of the moon from underwater on a night dive? THAT would be really awesome!

ScubaTexan:
Have any of you ever taken a picture of the moon from underwater on a night dive? THAT would be really awesome!

I've always wanted to! Definitely on the list.....

Just have to coordinate the dive trips to clear water locations and night dives with the moon schedule!

Nice shots Tony!!

ScubaTexan:

Yoda posted some about a year ago... you might want to do a search.

- ChillyWaters

This is my all-time favorite moon shot

This is a picture of Apollo 11 astronaut Buzz Aldrin and to me it symbolizes the survival drive of our species. It gives me hope that dwindling oil reserves, global warming, the utter failure of Kyoto, the carrying-capacity of the planet and even the 1/2 life of the sun won't stop us as a species from doing what it takes to survive. This planet will eventually die--of natural causes or of our own doing--but people like this will have the guts to take our DNA out of harm's way....

R..

i guess we should count our blessing that nobody has uploaded the truly CLASSIC moon shot...... wink wink - nod nod

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom