Taking pictures of the Moon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just fantastic!! Thanks for posting that one Ron, hope you find the other one

Hey K9 Congratulations! When is graduation day???

Dennis : Glad that I can inspire you in some way :D

RonFrank:
Well I can't find my bloody dern blood moon..... guess I still have some recovery of my HD to do :banghead:

Here is one I did.

In any event, I take these with the intent of having moon shots to add into images. I have not done that yet.. but hey, an excuse to just make some images! I need to find those other bloody images as they were very cool.

Moon.jpg
That is a very nice clear shot... I am interested in checking out the blood moon ones though.

:)

cyclical:
That is a very nice clear shot... I am interested in checking out the blood moon ones though.

:)

Well I lost my Harddrive a while back. Went to restore from my trusty Nero compressed backup, and guess what... nada.. I can see the compressed files, but Nero won't restore them.

That left me having to restore from backup CD's, an old computer that had images on it up until 2004, and what I could recover from the original which was basically 2005-2006.... I think I'm still missing stuff, but I hope that the old computer has it.

It also ment that all my orginization using Imatch can not be restored as the filenames and dir structures are completely different. It REALLY sucks.

If I can't find them on the old drive, they are gone.

Nice shot of the moon Ron!

Sorry to hear about your hard drive. I know the pain only too well.

The last time it happened to me, I got another hard drive and went through the formatting and loading of the OS and then restoring of my backed up files.

Just for the heck of it, I connect the "bad hard drive" as a secondary drive and it booted up and I could read all the info on it. Interesting!!

Try it, you might get lucky!

ABQdiver:
Nice shot of the moon Ron!

Just for the heck of it, I connect the "bad hard drive" as a secondary drive and it booted up and I could read all the info on it. Interesting!!

Try it, you might get lucky!

Thanks, I hope I can find my blood moon shots, as I remember they turned out very cool.

I did the pony to the HD thing. I got two years worth of photo's off the drive, and it died for good.

Most drives are not corrupt, they stop spinning, or the head crashes. When those types of things happen the drives are toast. I got mine back up and runing for one final attempt at a download, and it crashed for good, and won't spin anymore. :huh:

I dug up those underwater moon shots that ChillyWaters was talking about. They were shot at Vortex Springs here in Florida from a depth of about 15'.

Back
Top Bottom