Taking NorCal Pictures, a Discussion... I hope

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Michelle, I tried that light table trick on a recent dive, it was a Rainbow nudi on a tube anemone so I tried to get my dive buddy to light it from behind, it's a hard shot to get! I mostly got a lot of light shone in my eyes, I'm excited to keep trying it though, I ended up with this, not very good but it's a fun new technique:

1-8-2009011.jpg

As for flying the nudi's, I was hesitant about that also because I hate touching things underwater but I broke my rule, my dive buddy put her finger out and the slug got on it and then she lifted her hand up in the water column and gently pushed the slug off, it swam quite nicely and then landed on my buddy's hand again and she put her hand next to the original anemone and it crawled back onto it. I do like that in the article, they mention that they just waft water at the animal to see if it will come off and if it doesn't they leave it. Anyway, once you get some light table shots let's see them Michelle! Or any others you want to share.

Flying Dendronotus iris:

1-8-2009013.jpg

1-8-2009014.jpg

I think the best way to get shots of fish is to just hang out in one spot for a while. They get used to you being there and just go about their business. Many of them will get curious and start checking you and the camera out also.

I was just hanging out at Lovers #1 in some kelp columns and at first there were very few fish around. After hanging out about 3-4 minutes, the school of blues came close and as I moved very slowly, there were several fish that were coming right up to my mask. They seemed fearless.

love the 'hermi train'. awsome depth of field.

that ling cod has a nasty louse infestation... eeewww

great pics!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom