• At 60 degrees F

Votes: 49 15.6%
  • At 45 degrees F

Votes: 47 14.9%
  • There is no limit yet.

Votes: 181 57.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The coldest was in the Underwater Wreck Preserve at Alpena Mich. 36F. A close second was at Tobemory, Canada. I now however prefer 80F, its so much more fun!!!

Dive Safe,
Caymaniac

The coldest I've been diving in was 49 degrees and that was cold!! It was also at 121 feet. Coming back up to the 68 degree water felt like a warm bath....:)

Well, I dive all along the BC coast here, and the coldest I've been is 2.5 celsius (36.5 fahrenheit). Of course I was in my full wetsuit and couldn't walk when I got out cause my foot was purple and numb... but it was a sweet dive!!!

I would say on average this past summer water temp has been between 6 - 11 celsius (43 - 52 Fahrenheit), and this is where most of my dives have been logged... Of course in the winter it gets colder, except below 80 ft... which really doesn't turn over all that much and is relatively constand aroudn 4 celsius all year round. :jester:

Oh yeah, I dive wet suit too!!! But I am now learning to dive dry, after 70 odd dives... I've had enough!!! LOL

Kodiak, I was just wondering how long your dive times are when you're ice diving in wet suits??? (Cause right now I'm thinking you're crazy... :) )

After reading all these posts, I'm convinced I have to learn to dive dry and get me one of those dry suits. I dove in 48 F water with a 6.5 mm suit and was ok but I'd like to dive later into the season here.

I'd have to say 45 in a 2 pc 7 mil is my limit.

Happy Diving :wave:

If it makes you happy it can't be that wrong! Personally if I feel a chill in my shortie its too cold for diving. Its a vacation sport for me and vacation means someplace warm!

I haven't yet, and I dive wet....(don't have the $$ for a drysuit yet). Anyway, My 6.5 mil John and Shorty combo keeps me warm to temps of 45 deg.F. I'm not certain I've seen temps colder, I just don't trust my computer that well....but I have some addded body insulation that helps keep me warm.

-TT

It was really strange to put on a drysuit and jump into the water to get warm. The surface intervals seem to be the real factor in discomfort. Once the drysuit is on, everything is great but...the coffee needs someplace to go eventually so...off comes the top of the drysuit and BRRRRR! it's kinda cold out here! Any minor leakage and/or dampness is immediately apparent.

The water temp definitely wasn't a factor in how cold we got, it was the air temp.

It's really fun to walk by people dressed in numerous layers of clothing right into the ocean and call out that it's warmer in the water than on land. There is nothing like the facial expressions of non-divers looking at you like you have completely lost your mind.

I stop diving when the ice is thicker then my chainsaw is long. I ice dive with a wet suit. I can last just as long as the dry suit divers.
I am half Swedish (norse blood) and I grew up with and am accustomed to cold water.:mean:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom