Tahiti-Rangiroa-Fakarava Trip report 12-25-06 to 1-06-07

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The standard...$10.00 a day for the DM and $5.00 for the boat captain.....unless they give you lousy service....and just do it in USD...they can change it.... also if you need XPF the hotel can change for you.

Good to know...and thanks for the tips. I had no idea what a nancy-girl I have become...getting all nervous about this vacation. I guess that's what happens in middle-age...I used to think nothing taking off alone for the Caribbean or Ireland...somehow this seems farther away. It isnt really farther from Oregon, but it is more isolated. Or I have just become a bit of a sissy..hee hee

OMG....you are going alone:11: .....I needed a dive buddy last month....LOL...you will have a good time.

Travelnsj :

I am planning my first trip to the Pacific Islands with e-Tahiti travel. I was planning to go to Bora Bora for 4 days staying in the Bora Bora Dive Resort--Garden Bungalow , then going to Rangiroa staying at the Pension Bounty - Standard bungalow. I made sure to get the meal plan
I will be doing 10 dives with Top Dive.
-
--Any comments on whether Bora Bora and\or Rangiroa are good islands to visit\dive , or would I be better off visiting 2 other islands.

Thanks, and sounds like you had a great trip.

Michael

Michael.......everything I have heard is Bora-Bora diving is boring. There were a couple of people who went on to Bora-Bora from Rangiroa said a lot of construction and snorkeling was better than diving....but if you have a romantic interest going along....go!... Rangiroa is great diving but it can get redundant as you pretty much do the same dives, I would not do more than 5 days. Top Dive with Pascal and Marina are great and Pension Bounty is also great.....hope this helps.

Scott

Travelnjs : Thanks for the heads-up. If you were to do your trip over again would you still go to Rangiroa and Fakarava, or 2 different islands? I wonder which 2 islands have the best diving...

Michael

Yes and those are the two best for diving that you can get too.....Just make sure to try to plan your trip around Air Tahiti......nothing worse than having to sit in Papeete waiting all day for a flight.

Michael.....one other thing Top Dive can do all your travel booking.....I went through them on everything.

Travelnsj:
Michael.....one other thing Top Dive can do all your travel booking.....I went through them on everything.

Actually etahititravel.com IS topdive. The brothers that own topdive have also started the travel agency! We did Rangiroa and then Bora Bora this past November. A week of diving in Rangiroa was challenging and so the week in Bora Bora was very relaxing. Perfect vacation for us. I don't know if my body would have held up for a 2nd week in Rangiroa :) We also stayed at Bora Bora Dive Resort (which is really know as Topdive resort!!!). What a great little place! Not overly fancy, but very pleasant. The meal plan is an excellent idea there. That restaurant is spectaular!!!! It was extremely convenient staying and diving there. Watching the mantas play in the lights outside the restaurant almost every night was magical! So I guess it depends what you are looking for. If you are looking for the most challenging diving it sounds like Fakarava and Moorea might be better choices to add along with Rangiroa. But like I said, for us the mix of Rangiroa and Bora Bora worked fine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom