Table Rock Weekend (Long Version)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I may be relatively new to Scuba Diving, but I have lived on Table Rock lake throughout the summer all my life. The areas that you guys are speaking of diving are always so busy with Boat traffic. My Dad and I used to fish the Cape Fair area alot when I was younger and the Visability there always seemed fair to good, except after a rain. This is the James River arm of the lake. Try going over to the Flat Creek Arm of Table Rock as well. From Branson go south on 65 to Ridgedale and then take 86 hwy West til you cross the lake.
For myself, I will be diving Bull Shoals this spring and Summer. The visability there always seems to be better than Table Rock. Plus, my parents live on Bull Shoals and know it quite well.
If you are interested...I can turn you on to some areas that I know of with walls that range from 20 ft down to 140.

Dave aka...rat314

at the top of the submerged bridg i cam see from one side to the auther (38')and at the bell with a good light you can see the remains of the road (32')below

cantsee, when were you there to have that kind of viz at the bridge? I know a lot can change in three weeks but we only had 4-5ft last time. Has it improved that much recently?

We dove the dam site Saturday the 26th. Vis was still poor at about 6 ft. and the temp was 46. Both conditions pretty constant from the surface to at least 106 ft. On a side note, a couple of weeks ago I got some anti-fog for glasses at Bass Pro in Springfield at a little kiosk in front of the trout tank. Smear a little on and wipe it off with a cloth kind of like Rain-x. This stuff worked unbelievably good and there's enough in one jar for $3 to last me, my wife and all my friends the rest of my life.

Thanks for the report Jim, I had almost decided to give Table Rock another chance if it was as good as cantsee had reported. Instead, I think we might try Beaver or Bull Shoals.

No problem bgray.

Also, re-reading my post it might not be clear I was using the defog on my mask, not glasses.

its kind of hard to trust a vis report from someone called "cantsee", wouldnt you say? lol

may and june have been the best vis for us, have you ever seen the bell that hangs from the top of the east span about 30' north of the down line

cantsee:
may and june have been the best vis for us, have you ever seen the bell that hangs from the top of the east span about 30' north of the down line

yep seen it,rang it a few times...

Rang the bell last weekend. Vis at Old Kimberling City Bridge was 30ft. Could see the other span from the bell. Great dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom