Table Rock - Near the Dam

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Did you find anything expensive? I might have lost it, describe it to me and I'll tell you if it's mine or not.

scububa:
I have been at 105' a few times at the dam. I agree with the comment on trees. I also think it is neat to work back up the wall slowly. Seem to be lots of crawdads at the dam / rock wall interface.

I'd say what I saw and found, but am afraid folks might want things back :) BTW, I have never found anything with a name/contact on it or I would attempt to return it.

Skull
Where exactly is 'the bowl'?

There is kind of a "half-bowl-shaped" depression with the deepest part being at the dam and gradually sloping up as you get further from the dam.

To dive the area I'm talking about, start at the bottom of the wooden steps, go straight out (North) following the bottom to a depth of about 90-110 ft. and turn left (West). Continue at this depth along the bottom and you will get to the "forest" I described in my first post above. From here it gets shallower much more gradually than along the wall closer to the dam. Pretty dive.

theskull

Any word on the Zebulon Pike wreck near Indian Point? Given the water levels and all what is the current depth and expected visibility? I dove it in the Spring last year and found it to be an awesome dive--well--aside from the intense cold. Also, that cabin cruiser off Jake's Point Island, expected conditions?
N

I did the cabin cruiser about 3 weeks ago. The vis was about 5 feet, surface temp 84 and can't remeber the exact depth but it was 55 degrees. I am at work right now will edit this when I get that information. Going to try and check it out on September 5 or 6 if anyone is interested. I am going to try to get my dive buddy to come but that is a night dive and he wants to go Crawfish hunting at the Dam.

LakeScubaDiver:
Didn't have any peas handy. Maybe I will bring some next time. Thanks for the education.

Mike

Vienna Sausages are the greatest - you just pull one out and powder the end with your finger. The finer the spall, the bigger the cloud of nutrient and the more fish show up. Very manageable size.

Known hazard: Forgetting a sausage left over in your BC pocket and finding it at rinse time (or later). :(

Thanks for the quick orientation to the rope and the bowl. Will add it to my to-dive list.

Cannon guy, so now I know of three scuba divers in Kansaw besides me! N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom