Table Rock - Near the Dam

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Didn't have any peas handy. Maybe I will bring some next time. Thanks for the education.

Mike

Chris,

Where in relation to the dam and the Army Corps office is the rope located? If I get some good info on the sign, I'll put up a float and gps it.

The closer you get me to an entry location, the easier it will be for me to drop down on top of it.

diverdown247:
Chris,

Where in relation to the dam and the Army Corps office is the rope located? If I get some good info on the sign, I'll put up a float and gps it.

The closer you get me to an entry location, the easier it will be for me to drop down on top of it.

Walk down the concrete stairs closest to the dam. Enter the water and swim due North to a depth of app. 30 ft. The rope starts there and continues down to a depth of 60 ft. or so, depending on lake level.

theskull

Yup, exactly where theskull says! Find that rope, follow it down, and can't miss it.

crunch@:
how deep did you go and how cold was it? i have never dove table rtock thinking about going soon

If you go soon, you will find 80+F water temp down to 30 ft. depth, mid-70s for a bit further, and upper 50s deeper than 60 ft.

These are typical temps/depths for mid-to-late summer through late Sept.

theskull

Sorry, I ended up getting my Oceanic VT3 in. That side-tracked me as I sooo wanted to give it a run.

Might dive today or tomorrow and try to find it, depends on the weather. Cloudy today w/ possible rain.

I have been at 105' a few times at the dam. I agree with the comment on trees. I also think it is neat to work back up the wall slowly. Seem to be lots of crawdads at the dam / rock wall interface.

I'd say what I saw and found, but am afraid folks might want things back :) BTW, I have never found anything with a name/contact on it or I would attempt to return it.

Skull
Where exactly is 'the bowl'?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom