Table Rock Lake

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

swarder28

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello fellow divers! Heading to the lake this weekend and was curious if anyone knew how the diving was at Table Rock? How is the visibility?

The diving has been good this year on Table Rock.
Once you get below the thermocline vis has been anywhere from 15 - 25 ft.
Where are you planning to dive this weekend? I may be down that way also.

If you are shore diving then The only places I know for that are at the dam/Dewey Short visitors center, the lookout point between the dam & moonshine beach, Jakes Point off of Indian point road, or Indian point marina, there is a dive shop at the marina & they have some lines ran to underwater attractions. I f you are boat diving then there are many more spots.

We have a boat that we would like to dive from. Memorial weekend we dove Mill Creek and then went NW of Kinberling City. The visibility was horrible. Couldn't see more then 2 feet tops in front of you.

Ok. Thanks for the info. We may just drive to Indian Point tomorrow morning and talk to the dive shop there. To go there by boat we think will take to long.

I have a 24 ft pontoon at Indian point with a 40 hp motor, it takes me about 40 mins to get from Indian point to Kimberling City. Since you are boat diving Jakes island or duck island are both good sites to dive, there is a boat sunk at each place.

Our diving experience at Table Rock was much more enjoyable this weekend. We did dive Jakey island. Didn't find the wreck though.. We are going back in few weeks to do it again and hope we find the wreck. We also dove the cliffs over by the big glass house. The formations under water are great there!

At Jake's island if you start out on the northwest side of the island & head southeast around the island there is a rope you should run into anywhere from 15 - 45 ft deep that leads to the wreck.

Back
Top Bottom