Table Rock Lake Open Water Certification

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice site and the adventure begins!

Living in the Midwest, the lakes and quarries are about the only option for local diving. We are about the furthest away from any ocean. We love the blue water of the Caribbean, but can only make it down to it about once a year. Don't give up on the local spots. You would be amazed at the diving opportunities in our back yard. This year the local diving was pretty much a waste of time. The floods we had in the spring ruined the visibility everywhere. This year was about the worse I've seen. Sure we won't have what the paradise diving has, but it's not bad and it keeps you fresh with your skills that makes the blue water diving so much easier.

You will be amazed at what's available locally to dive and how many divers are in this area. If nothing else, I enjoy hanging out with other divers. I would highly suggest that you try some of the local spots. One of our favorite is Mermet Springs in southern Illinois. It's a 6 hour drive for me, but worth every mile. The big draw to the quarry is that it is totally designed for diving with many underwater attractions. The biggest is a Boeing 727 that was used in the movie U.S. Marshalls. It's the actual plane from the movie sunk in the quarry. The owner and staff at the quarry are simply awesome.

Check out our website dedicated to local diving and see for yourself what is out there. www.midwestmuckdiving.com

Snagel

Nice site and the adventure begins!

Living in the Midwest, the lakes and quarries are about the only option for local diving. We are about the furthest away from any ocean. We love the blue water of the Caribbean, but can only make it down to it about once a year. Don't give up on the local spots. You would be amazed at the diving opportunities in our back yard. This year the local diving was pretty much a waste of time. The floods we had in the spring ruined the visibility everywhere. This year was about the worse I've seen. Sure we won't have what the paradise diving has, but it's not bad and it keeps you fresh with your skills that makes the blue water diving so much easier.

You will be amazed at what's available locally to dive and how many divers are in this area. If nothing else, I enjoy hanging out with other divers. I would highly suggest that you try some of the local spots. One of our favorite is Mermet Springs in southern Illinois. It's a 6 hour drive for me, but worth every mile. The big draw to the quarry is that it is totally designed for diving with many underwater attractions. The biggest is a Boeing 727 that was used in the movie U.S. Marshalls. It's the actual plane from the movie sunk in the quarry. The owner and staff at the quarry are simply awesome.

Check out our website dedicated to local diving and see for yourself what is out there. www.midwestmuckdiving.com

Snagel

Back
Top Bottom