Table Rock conditions flash!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry did not go diving. I ended up looking for a new car for my daughter. Her car was a total loss, have to love these new cars and the price to fix them. I am going to the Table Rock clean up Spetember 16, 2006 though.

Just got back from Table Rock. We dove Dewey Short and Moon Shine Beach. The thermolecline is at 32 feet. The vis above it is 15 feet max. There is a heavy muck layer between 32 and 45 feet with about 1 or 2 feet of vis. Below 45 feet it begins to open up with over 15 feet. We found it to be cold and barren below this muck layer, but was enjoyable diving above 32 feet.

I'd agree that it was pretty good vis compared to normal. Depending on location it was very good even hitting 20 feet in spots. I measured it since I was practicing distance measuring for my frog kick, i.e. I wanted to know how far I moved per kick.

I took lots of pictures there, got some great ones of the algae. I also bought a new dive computer, the VT3 and I've got to say it just blows away my old one. I did 10 dives and enjoyed each one.

IMO conditions are as good as ever and in fact better than normal.

Thanks for the updates. I was afraid the recent rains had turned the lake into the OK variety. I'll have to get down there and enjoy it.

SteveC:
Just got back from Table Rock. We dove Dewey Short and Moon Shine Beach. The thermolecline is at 32 feet. The vis above it is 15 feet max. There is a heavy muck layer between 32 and 45 feet with about 1 or 2 feet of vis. Below 45 feet it begins to open up with over 15 feet. We found it to be cold and barren below this muck layer, but was enjoyable diving above 32 feet.

Where are you diving at Moonshine Beach? I have driven over there since it reopened and didn't see any accessible shore entry spots, other than climbing down the big hill to the West of the swim beach where all the jet-skis and drunken boaters were beaching their watercrafts.

theskull

We had an enjoyable holiday weekend at Table Rock Lake. Scuba Sports was great, had the boat all to ourselves after another couple cancelled on Sunday. Got to dive Jakes Point Island, Enchanted Forest, Breezy Point, and another site across from Breezy Point which didn't have a name. The last no-name site had the worst visibility, but the largest fish. Unfortunately we didn't have any luck finding anything at Breezy Point, maybe we didn't go deep enough. I found it interesting that the muck layer which started at 30 ft. was orange. Clear and cold below it, but not much in the way of fish life, at least where we were.

Staying at Rock Lane Resort was convenient, the king room we had was huge. Had a nice view of the lake, with a very large balcony which was great for drying our gear. The Silver Dollar City traffic is an issue if you want to go into Branson in the evening. We mostly hung out at the resort. Rented a ski boat Saturday afternoon from Table Rock Marina and toured the lake.

The trip gave us a chance to practice with our cameras. I can post some pictures if anyone's interested.

Sounds like the same four sites we dove at when we were there a few weeks back. Would love to see whatever pictures you were able to take.
Steve

It's interesting, a month ago Jakes Point was pretty orange as well, Dewey Short is green in contrast. It's a colorful lake isn't it?

Post some pics, I took some to boot and thought a couple came out nice. Since the gallery isn't working I had to find a site to upload and then link to them. I'd like to see what you took however. I'll post 4 simple pics that's been shrunk a lot to load quickly for others to see. I was playing with a new camera and the settings, I've found using a white slate to set the white balance seemed to work best as the underwater mode just seems like it's meant for the ocean and not our mucky lakes.

However it's weird to look at the view screen and see color then look out and see only green.

OK, here's a quick attempt at some pics.
Scuba%20Table%20Rock%20165.jpg
Scuba%20Table%20Rock%20158.jpg

Scuba%20Table%20Rock%20118.jpg

Scuba%20Table%20Rock%20099.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom