T2T member introduction discussion thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Years Tech diving? Hm, Certified through TDI in 2006. I really wasn't doing the dives as I didn't feel prepared. Did UTD Tech 1 last year and about to start UTD Tech 2. I'm diving on the bleeding edge of the Tech 1 boundaries as it is. So really, less than a year of actually doing the dives.

Number of Staged Deco Dives? 20ish

Trimix? Yes

Rebreather? No

Caves? Not yet, Plans are in the works.

Other? I know it's going to get asked, so how am I pushing the bleeding edge of the tech 1 boundaries? Slightly longer deco than 30 minutes and adding a stage when the rock bottom dictates. Yes, I know that UTD Tech 2 isn't going to extend the deco time range.

James is pushing the bleeding edge of his boundaries because he is a perfect example of a diver whose skill far exceeds his certification level.

I, on the other hand,....

Thanks John!

James is pushing the bleeding edge of his boundaries because he is a perfect example of a diver whose skill far exceeds his certification level.

I, on the other hand,....

Sounds like he's pushing the boundaries of a formal education level. Comprehensive education is far more than just its formal component.
Besides, if there is no push to go beyond boundaries then there is no progress -- those boundaries become an effective limit.

Sheck believed that once you got to a certain part of your diving education, it was the diver who should take the initiative to search out other sources, read other books... in short, find all they can about the subject.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom