T.S. Franklin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I thought the reports were still showing this little guy bending north without making any landfall?

I’m predicting Franklin stays 150 miles off shore, but gives us more clouds through Tuesday just to mess up the shuttle launch, 2-5’ seas along the coast, and more predominant off shore breezes causing the waves to stand up and become rather steep. Word this afternoon from some divers 25 miles off shore in 130’ of water is that there is a sharp thermocline and upwelling from the Labrador current forming and with the Gulf Stream having moved offshore by 3 miles in the past week we might have an effective barrier against Franklin moving closer to shore and building up intensity.

Real bummer is that vis is reported to have dropped to 2-5’ below the thermocline offshore, and could be moving in for lobster season.

This is not good. My husband and I are booked to go on the Nekton Pilot. We decided to do the Northwest Bahama trip. Man I hope it goes out I am so tired of swimming in the cold water and low viz here in Californina.

Hey lwronk, I hope you don't get blown out. I went to the Bahamas last September and got blown out by a hurricane. Only got in one day of snorkling.. it sucked!

It's by forecaster Franklin -

"FRANKLIN...THE STORM...NOT THE FORECASTER...HAS BECOME A LITTLE
BETTER ORGANIZED OVERNIGHT."

Randy43068, this trip is my second try. Last September/October we where chased back home by Jeane. My husband is in Orlando on business this week, he made the plans for the trip next week. Maybe by him making the arrangements, we will have the scuba gods on our side.

lwronk:
Randy43068, this trip is my second try. Last September/October we where chased back home by Jeane. My husband is in Orlando on business this week, he made the plans for the trip next week. Maybe by him making the arrangements, we will have the scuba gods on our side.
'caine blew us out. It was interesting, however. I've never been in one. No lightning just lots of wind and rain. Did I menton wind? Lots of it! :)

I hope you have a good time and the wind stays away. What island are you planning on visiting?

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom