• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

T&C Explorer II v. Belize Aggressor IV

Discussion in 'Greater Caribbean and Bermuda' started by VirginiaScubaGuy, Sep 5, 2019.

1. VirginiaScubaGuy

VirginiaScubaGuy Angel Fish

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    i am considering two different liveaboard trips in late December / early January.

the first trip is a NYE Trip offered by a local Washington, Dc area dive shop on the Belize Aggressor IV.

the second trip is a Single Divers trip on the T&C Explorer II beginning Jan 11.

i have been diving in T&C before and enjoyed it. i enjoy the sharks. i've never been to Belize, but have been to Honduras twice. i have found Honduras to be overrated.... perhaps just me.

i've got about 125 dives and AOW, but have been out of the water for a couple years after a somewhat challenging trip to the Maldives. ready to get going again.

thoughts and/or suggestions as to which might be more fun??

thanks!

2. KathyV

KathyV ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    The T&C LOBs may not be available during your dates because they head to the DR during winter and spring for whale watching. The water will be warmer in Belize at that time of year.

chillyinCanada likes this.
  3. VirginiaScubaGuy

yes, but I think the Single Divers group has already reserved the boat for the week beginning Jan. 11. any comments on Belize diving itself?

KathyV likes this.
  4. Damselfish

Damselfish Solo Diver

# of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    Looks like the Jan 11 charter is the last T&C trip before the boat heads to the Silver Banks.

KathyV likes this.
  5. donhealy

donhealy Barracuda

I have dived both boats several times. Both are great crews and great boats. Most of the rooms are side by side beds. Likely to see more sharks on the T&C II but Lighthouse Atoll is superb diving. Also there is the Blue Hole if you are into that sort of dive. Can't go wrong with either. Belize gets the slight nod over T&C just because G-Spot on French Cay is not all the way back from the hurricanes.

AdivingBel, chillyinCanada and KathyV like this.
  6. chillyinCanada

chillyinCanada Solo Diver Staff Member

I've been to both and I'd do Belize out at the Atolls, which is where the lob will be, many times over.

7. donhealy

donhealy Barracuda

Well, I can't argue that decision. I'm headed back on the BAIII first week of Nov. and I had a choice of there or T&C.

8. chillyinCanada

chillyinCanada Solo Diver Staff Member

I enjoyed T&C aboard the Explorer and would return there too but Belize Atolls tops it for me but that could be because it's a bit of going home for me. No, that's not it. Maybe only part. :)

9. drrich2

drrich2 Solo Diver

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    If you've dove in T&C, and not in Belize, all other things being equal, there's something to be said for diversifying your experience. Was your T&C diving via live-aboard, and did you get in a lot of dives? If not, that might be another story...

Richard.

10. VirginiaScubaGuy

i got certified at the Club Med on Provo and dove several days with Dive Provo. i've been to West Caicos a couple times but that's it. i think i would enjoy it, but i am also wondering what the impact of the hurricaine is going to have been.