T & C - Check your luggage!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Exactly! It is a good thread but will end up in the Pub again.
The ammo law kind of makes sense.
Camo prohibition is kind of silly.
Either way it is their country - their rules. Got to abide by them or not visit.
Out of curiosity, I have an underarmor sweatshirt with their symbol in camo… Is it enough to get in trouble? :)

[You'll get 4 years in prison there, for green undies. I wouldn't do it. I'd hate to see what some Sudafed would do at customs.]

Thread sounds like a Queen song:

Another jack boot island gets dropped off the vacation list.

Another one gone.
Another one gone.
Another one off the list.

Hey, gonna get you too.
Another one off the list.

Too bad this thread is going down the same path as the thread that ended up in the Pub. Perhaps it will reach that destination too.

Same people driving it to same inevitable destination.

We are visitors in their country and as such we are responsible for understanding and obeying their laws.

I think most folks generally agree with this simple concept. But if the guy ends up actually being sentenced to 12 years in prison for what was obviously and clearly just a stupid dumb ass mistake, then I think most folks would consider that penalty as severely excessive and unreasonable.

I know TSA screens flights from US airports. I assume flights from foreign airports are controlled by that government. Seems they would be more interested in what is arriving then what is leaving.

I understand their efforts to control violent crime but any law that is absolute and overlooks circumstances and intent I believe is at best shortsighted and at worst unjust. But as said, it is their country and they are certainly not the only one with poorly executed laws.

I think the T&C guy has a solid argument that if they can't prove he brought the ammunition into the islands, and only caught him on the way out, that he was doing them a favor by removing ammunition from their country, not importing it. That being said, this was clearly a case where the guy was careless, not a case of a guy bringing in ammunition to sell on the black market. Their laws and judges should account for the circumstances when deciding how harshly to apply them.

I think the T&C guy has a solid argument that if they can't prove he brought the ammunition into the islands, and only caught him on the way out, that he was doing them a favor by removing ammunition from their country, not importing it. That being said, this was clearly a case where the guy was careless, not a case of a guy bringing in ammunition to sell on the black market. Their laws and judges should account for the circumstances when deciding how harshly to apply them.
Remember “Three strikes you’re out” drug law. Similarly stupid.

I think the T&C guy has a solid argument that if they can't prove he brought the ammunition into the islands, and only caught him on the way out, that he was doing them a favor by removing ammunition from their country, not importing it.
The worst thing this guy could do is start lying and telling T & C that he’s doing them a favor. He needs to just STFU other than to say he’s sorry.and hope that the powers that be have some common sense in dealing out his punishment.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom