System to keep divers coming back

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Octopusprime

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am looking for a couple dive shops to discuss your marketing methods and how you keep your students coming back to you and what your nitch is in the dive community. This is a not a pitch session but we are in the beta stages of a new SCUBA website Scuba Instructor Review Site | Helping Divers find the Best Scuba Professionals it is the only Reviews website dedicated to Scuba Pros.

The goal is to help Dive Pros including Instructors, shops, charters and resorts keep divers coming back to them. The Website is just one piece of the system with a Diver Relation Management system to automate emails and notifications to keep customers coming back.

I am looking to discuss with a couple shops to discuss what they are doing for marketing, most effective ways to find new divers and what percentage of their customers are repeat students.

As we are in the beta stages I am just looking for information on how we can use the site and automation tools to help shops grow their business.

If your a shop or instructor feel free to see if your already listed and claim your listing or submit your listing it is FREE. Scuba Instructor Review Site | Helping Divers find the Best Scuba Professionals Here is a video on how to claim your listing. How to Claim Listing | Scuba Instructor Review Site

I'll be interested to see if you get any responses here.

As I see the customer retention issue - for any industry/company/brand I've ever worked with - the big issue is that almost no one is really ever willing to understand the nuanced issues that cause drop-off and implement equally nuanced solutions. In particular, there's a lack of understanding of a few key marketing realities:
  1. Customers drop-off for a range of reasons; there is no one "magic word" you can say that will keep everyone.
  2. Some reasons that customers drop out are completely valid; don't try to intervene where you have zero chance to prevail.
  3. Not all customers have the same lifetime value; stop treating them (and your marketing budget and time) like they are all equal.
  4. Effective CRM programs are insight-based, highly targeted, and exquisitely timed; a transactional "reminder advertising" approach will do little more than waste your time and money... and frustrate your customers.

The scuba industry is further behind the 8-ball than many others, since there's been ZERO insight-mining research done into this issue... or any, for that matter. If we don't uncover meaningful insights, how are we to implement insight-based solutions?

I am looking for a couple dive shops to discuss your marketing methods and how you keep your students coming back to you and what your nitch is in the dive community. This is a not a pitch session but we are in the beta stages of a new SCUBA website Scuba Instructor Review Site | Helping Divers find the Best Scuba Professionals it is the only Reviews website dedicated to Scuba Pros.

The goal is to help Dive Pros including Instructors, shops, charters and resorts keep divers coming back to them. The Website is just one piece of the system with a Diver Relation Management system to automate emails and notifications to keep customers coming back.

I am looking to discuss with a couple shops to discuss what they are doing for marketing, most effective ways to find new divers and what percentage of their customers are repeat students.

As we are in the beta stages I am just looking for information on how we can use the site and automation tools to help shops grow their business.

If your a shop or instructor feel free to see if your already listed and claim your listing or submit your listing it is FREE. Scuba Instructor Review Site | Helping Divers find the Best Scuba Professionals Here is a video on how to claim your listing. How to Claim Listing | Scuba Instructor Review Site

This is would be a great resource for interested divers. The key is being convincing by focusing on how you are executing your message. I would recommend adding a more personal connection with those tuning in. You can more effectively capture their attention and help them be more decisive by physically explaining this thru a well made short video. By taking the time to produce a good video you will have gone the extra mile in connecting with your potential customer. Keep pursuing and implementing action and you will no doubt accomplish this great plan. IMO

Frank G
Z GEAR - Z Gear

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom