Switching to BP and Drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JPG

Reaction score
I am making a switch to BP and Wing and Drysuit. I currently dive wet obviously and with a rear inflated wing, weight intigrated BC.
I plan on doing this in two steps and am wondering which should come first the Drysuit or the BP and wing.

Thanks for any opinions.

JPG

JPG:
I am making a switch to BP and Wing and Drysuit. I currently dive wet obviously and with a rear inflated wing, weight intigrated BC.
I plan on doing this in two steps and am wondering which should come first the Drysuit or the BP and wing.

Thanks for any opinions.

JPG

I bought the DS first. I didn't get into the whole BP/W thing until a couple of months later.

I'm glad I get the DS nailed (well, as nailed as you can in only a couple of months) before moving the the BP/W.

The differences in going wet to dry are much more substantial that going from Back Inflate to BP/W. Get the DS nailed, and be prepared for the move to BP/W to be underwhelmng. There is a difference, but you won't put it on and magically have super control and be Trim Man.

K

I started with the BP and then went dry.

I'd spend a few dives dialing in the BP. You'll want to get your trim and dumping down with it. Get comfy with it and then start with the drysuit.

The drysuit will really screw with you on the first couple of dives. Especially in high flow and when you are shallow. Best to have the BP mastered first.

IMHO.

I think you'll really like the BP. I'll never go back to a jacket.

Peter

Back
Top Bottom