Switching PADI to NAUI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CptJP

Registered
Reaction score
can anyone tell me how to switch from padi to naui in order to pursue master diver certification... currently advanced open water padi. thanks

Find a NAUI shop in your area and sign up for the course. I think you need Rescue first though.

can anyone tell me how to switch from PADI to NAUI in order to pursue master diver certification... currently advanced open water PADI. thanks

According to the NAUI site information shown below the rescue diver certification is not a prerequisite but many shops require it before you enter the Master Diver Course.

Some have said the NAUI Master Diver exam is tougher than the NAUI Dive Master exam. I have taken the NAUI Master Diver exam but not the NAUI Dive Master exam so I cannot comment based on first-hand experience.

My LDS requires a grade of 90% or higher to pass the written exam. NAUI sets the minimum standards of 75% and encourages instructors to exceed those requirements.
My profile says "Rescue Diver" since I have a few of the checkout dives left to do. I ran out of time last fall. There are a total of 8 check-out dives required for the certification.

The prerequisites following this sentence were copied verbatim from the NAUI site.

Prerequisites For Entering This Course
  • Age - Minimum is 15 years.
  • Diver Certification - NAUI advanced certification or the equivalent is required. The instructor is to ensure adequate student knowledge and capability before any open water training and shall use skill or other evaluations to do so.
  • Equipment - Students shall furnish and be responsible for the care and maintenance of their own diving equipment. The instructor shall initially assist the student in checking all student gear to insure it is adequate and in proper working order.

Back
Top Bottom