PADI vs SSI Dive Master cert

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Robwho??

Registered
Reaction score
Now that I am getting back into diving and am a little older and have more time and financial freedom, I am looking at working towards my Master Diver certification. I have both a PADI and SSI LDS where I live. My original certification from way back when is through NAUI. I'd like to hear opinions and which you all think is better between the two. Pro's, con's, etc for picking one over the other. Thanks in advance.

First of all, there is a big difference between Divemaster (your title) and master diver (body of your post).
Secondly, SSI master diver is not a “cert”, it is a recognition after doing so many dives and taking so many courses.
Finally, SSI master diver is not free - it is included in the price of all the courses you take :wink:

If I were in your situation, I would scout the area, identify the professionals you feel like working with the most, and build a relationship. What happens in the world-wide agency will not make a bit of difference. Your local dive professionals may include a real gem of an instructor or instructors you will mesh well with, and if so, the agency is unimportant.

Both agencies' certifications are basically the same. It's just a recognisation that you have completed further training and logged a certain number of dives. Go to both dive centres where you live and see where you get the best feeling. That is probably the best choice then.

Back
Top Bottom