Swine Flu in New York

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fly Girl

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
So, now that there is more Swine Flu in New York than in Mexico, are they going to stop diving operations in New York? Are cruise ships going to stop going into port in New York City? Is a mild case of the flu really reason enough to destroy the tourism industry in New York?

(I know New Yorkers generally have great senses of humor, so I hope they understand my "flame." This whole swine flu thing is just such a media sensation. I was in Cancun and Cozumel late April to early May. I had a great time, and neither my husband or I got sick. Then again, the flu is so mild, maybe we got sick and never really noticed it? Funny thing, my work made me come to work this winter when I had pneumonia, but when I was perfectly well coming home from Mexico, they made me stay home.)

Go to Mexico! Enjoy the lack of tourists! Do some of the most awesome diving in the world without getting jet lag.

Back
Top Bottom