swimming with stage bottles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

caveseeker7:
Before getting back to the RBs, nice Discovery, Stephen.
My girlfriend has a soft spot for those. I'm suprised to see you have neither a snorkel, nor a convoluted hose from the exhaust past a roof-mounted scrubber for CO removal to said snorkel. :wink:
I always liked the Defenders a lot, the 88s and 109s before that. :D
The boards Land Rover thread is here:
http://www.scubaboard.com/t44934.html
Check out the link to the Defender CKD and you know what I want.

Same here. From my experience the ots lungs breathe better than the backmounted ones. I wonder if it has anything to do with them being ots-backmounted - they must be higher up than the KISS'. And being between the diver and the wing, as close to the body as possible.

I would never make fun of your fin color, I know you NYers are very fashion sensitive. But doesn't that fat hose on the bottom of the pic create a lot of drag? What is that, by the way? Extension cord for all your electronics?

Stephan,
I never noticed that.. The coral really looks like its connected to me... BTW my inflator should have been in a bungie too... I must have forgotton to stow it after use...

caveseeker7:
... after all the fun I had on your expense ...
Think caving. Think sidemounting. :D
Sidemount harnesses have the tanks mounted fairly low, pretty much under your arms but in line with your body. Very streamlined to get through tight and/or through high flow passages.

If you can't rig it with your Inspiration a sepeprate harness might work.
Duncan Price, a caver from England has a page on the subject on his website:
www.sump4.com/sidemount/

Thanks for the plug - thats exactly what a friend of mine with an Inspiration does - wear's his sidemount harness beneath the rig puts on the the rebreather and clips in his sidemounts. The size of the tanks depends on the sort of dive he was doing. We dived together in Florida a couple of years ago and he wore a pair of 80's everywhere he went.

I use a sidemount rebreather of course!

Duncan

BigJetDriver69:
It makes a great carrier for small pets when you travel, and at home it makes great housing for your girlfriend's pet ferrets!

BJD :lol3:
versatility and multi functional what great system, all you need are some solar panels and you'd be enviromentally correct:god:

deepbluetech:
versatility and multi functional what great system, all you need are some solar panels and you'd be enviromentally correct:god:

Now there's a thought! If I could get them to function to about 30 fsw they could recharge the waterproof MP3 player for hang-time amusement! :irazz:

I'm glad you said "EC" not "PC"! I try to be as "green" as possible, especially where our second home, the ocean, is concerned. As for PC, the day that serious divers turn "PC" is the day I'm going to take up another sport, like shuffleboard!

BJD :anakinpod

P.S.---I do like your orange fins. I realize that the "Amish Diving Society" would convulse in horror at their very presence, but you are quite right. Students, and other team members can really see them, even when the vis is down! Fortunately, it's been a long time since the "You can have any color of dive gear you want, as long as it's black!" days. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom