Swimaway inflator hoses

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DivePartner1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My wife recontly bought a Zeagle Ranger. An annoying charcterisitc -- both to her and her buddy -- is the tendency of the inflator hose to drift behind her and stay there. This is because the hose is installed on the back of the BC, not the front

Question: has anyone come up with a safe and practical way to keep the thing from swimming away?

Not familiar with this BC, but can you use a bungee loop around the hose and shoulder strap (ala, backplate/wing style) to make it stay in place?

In many BP/Wing configurations, a bungee loop is attached around the left strap, with the loop held in place by the keeper of the left shoulder d-ring.

I'm not very familiar with a Zeagle Ranger, but looking at a photo it appears that it has d-rings attached via webbing loops. You may be able to thread a piece of 1/8" bungee into that webbing loop and fashion the same sort of bungee loop to hold the inflator hose in place.

Most of the divers that I've seen diving the "Ranger" take the LP inflator hose and secure it to the left shoulder harness by means of the velcroed flap that has "Ranger" enbroidered on it. This keeps the hose in place yet allows lifting of the deflator to vent the B/C.

1. Is she pulling the shoulder adjusts tight enough? If she doesn't the BC will sit low and the dump valve will be on her back and not her shoulder.
2. Zeagles in common with most BCs have a velcro loop on the shoulder strap to keep the hose under control. See image. Is she using it?

All Zeagles have a velcro loop as part of the model nameplate on the left shoulder strap to secure the corregated hose (and it's low pressure hose if desired).

Thanks for your responses.

First, it isn't a Ranger, it's a Concept Pro II. I'm not that familiar with their product line. With the BC stapped on snugly the hose is connected to the back, not the top.

As to using the velcro loop, I suspect she'd prefer something along the lines of the bungies described for BP/Wings. Does anyone know of a picture of this posted somewhere, say on a DIR site?

DivePartner1:
Thanks for your responses.

First, it isn't a Ranger, it's a Concept Pro II. I'm not that familiar with their product line. With the BC stapped on snugly the hose is connected to the back, not the top.

As to using the velcro loop, I suspect she'd prefer something along the lines of the bungies described for BP/Wings. Does anyone know of a picture of this posted somewhere, say on a DIR site?

Looking at the picture of the Concept Pro II, the velcro is in the right place.
If you tie the corrugated hose any lower, you will not be able to lift it to disinflate.

Back
Top Bottom