Swift vs old school transmitter?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have 100s of SM dives using two gray transmitters and my Perdix and I have never had a single issue. I think the "issue" has been exaggerated a bit.

Shearwater was concerned enough to do a recall.

Shearwater was concerned enough to do a recall.
It seems they only recalled the yellow ones unless there were more than one recall.

Been a few years. Early 2019 maybe?
Oh, you are speaking of the old yellow one. I believe the recall was because some of the early yellow ones still had the 5s transmit interval of the grey ones. Oops! It is not clear why they developed the Swift other than to be clever; especially if you we using a grey and a yellow, The problem the Swift solves was non-existent, except possibly for one colliding ping. And there are downsides to the Swift, like battery life, and changing the battery. Not to mention cost.

Oh, you are speaking of the old yellow one. I believe the recall was because some of the early yellow ones still had the 5s transmit interval of the grey ones. Oops! It is not clear why they developed the Swift other than to be clever; especially if you we using a grey and a yellow, The problem the Swift solves was non-existent, except possibly for one colliding ping. And there are downsides to the Swift, like battery life, and changing the battery. Not to mention cost.

Yes, the old yellow ones.

Sorry, I’m wrangling with Customs and Agriculture about shipments of fresh mangoes from India and I didn’t stop to think about the recall thing fully.

Also, just to add a FYI...

Remember to depressurise your regulators if using transmitters. They're turned on all the time they're pressurised. Save batteries -- yay \o/

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom