Swell forecast not working?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wnissen

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi All,
I've been using the swell forecast at CDIP recent forecast fm_mon_xxx for a while now, but the past few days there have been big chunks missing, specifically Breakwater. Maybe it's related to the partial government shutdown?

A dive buddy recommended Surfer.com's SwellWatch 3D - Surf Report and Forecast as an alternative, but if anyone uses something else that they like, I'd be all ears. Thanks!

Hi @wnissen,
I use the same forecast tool and I've noticed the same issue. However, there is a link to their new wave model. It is pretty neat, a little slow, but useful and has "Nowcasts" as well as Forecasts all overlaid on a Google map.

I've started using this -> CDIP Models Ca

Give it a try!

Ah, I was seeing the missing tiles on the new wave model, but if I zoom in they appear. Thanks very much for your help!

Ah, I was seeing the missing tiles on the new wave model, but if I zoom in they appear. Thanks very much for your help!

You're very welcome. Yeah, you gotta zoom in to actually see the wave models.

They do have a report issues page and I'm gonna report the issue you and I are both seeing. Here is their link to report problems -> CDIP Notify Form

Thanks for letting us know about the model issues, they should
now be updating regularly. Please let us know if you notice any
further problems.

Corey Olfe, CDIP Programmer/Analyst
Just received this response, and it looks like the full forecast is once again displaying at all resolution levels. Thanks to all who reported.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom