Swell Forecast Monterey bay

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use Chuck's page, which compiles several swell forecast resources, but focuses on conditions outside of the bay. Monterey Sea Conditions at a Glance

Right now, it looks like Saturday is seeing an uptick in swell. 8-10ft according to the "PIGEON POINT TO POINT PINOS" forecast is still usually good for shore diving in Monterey or Carmel; I'd still make the drive down for anything higher, but I would watch the water for a good 15-20 minutes beforehand to confirm. Anything under 8ft swell is generally pretty calm for the shore. I don't think there's any way to divine what the viz will be like from looking at the swell predictions though.

I am in Sacramento and want to bring my boat down. I do not wnat to pay to get boat there if swells are going to be high. Thank for the help James

So good guys amnd gals, do you think its diveable tomorrow at BW or point lobos?

So good guys amnd gals, do you think its diveable tomorrow at BW or point lobos?

For shore divig, 8-10ft west swell is totally worth the drive for me. It's in the range of carefully watching the water though.

oh well, i'll grab my gear in case

I agree with Gombessa. A 8-10 swell model at Pt. Lobos is something I'd head to Carmel for.

Hope to see you there, I'll be at Pt. Lobos.

So, you're saying you would go to Lobos for a 8-10 ft swell forecast? Can there really be breakers over the boat ramp? I'm thinking from it's protected location probably not. Could always stay well within the cove, right?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom