Sweet new Oxycheq/ Solus light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

booth22

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Just got my new light in the mail, thanks scubatoys!

SSP - BACKUP LIGHT

It's the one above, the new Oxycheq/Solus back-up light. Anyways, I'll get it wet this weekend, but holy @#$ is it bright inside the house! And the magnetic switch is pretty sweet as well.. Perfect size, easy to manipulate the switch with gloves and did I mention it's bright? Highly reccomend it off my little demo inside, hope to break it in full force in a week and half in the Bahamas...

i suppose you could if you found a way to attach it. It's not very heave, it only uses the cr123 batteries which makes it nice and compact all things considered. if you're looking for something for a mask, check out the oms vega- really small light, but nice and bright. It was a bit too small for me- felt too small in my hands, so it'd probably work well on a mask..

How does in compare to the Vega in output?

brighter than the Vega... I don't have a can light or anything to compare it to.. It's brighter than a Princeton Tec Shockwave 3 led. I doubt that helps, but it's all I can compare it to!

umm... I don't have any tech specs on it, but for the price, probably not that much brighter. My main gripe with the vega was the size, not the output. I used the Oxy as my primary light on four night dives in a week, the light never dimmed as far as I could tell (on one set of batteries). I mounted it on my strobe and used it as a spotlight for pictures/vid clips- It also worked well as a spotlight on the reef. If you don't mind the itty bitty size of the Vega, and the price of the Oxy is a bit much, I think the Vega would be a great choice.

thanks for the info...how would you say construction of the Oxy compares to the Vega?

and when you "probably not that much brighter" what does that mean? could you be more specific...I know the Vega is rated at 80 lumens and the Oxy at 230 lumens, so based on the "numbers" alone I would have thought the Oxy would have been significantly brighter...no?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom