Sweet new Oxycheq/ Solus light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The oxy is built like a tank, I only had the Vega for a day- once I held it I decided to send it back based on comfort. Since I didn't have the two lights at the same time it's hard to get specfic. I know when I first turned on the Oxy, I did actually said "wow" out loud and tracked down the wife to show her. I do remember a difference the more I think about it, and I would say the lumen rating is pretty accurate- it's been a while....

thanks for that, I like the sound of your "wow" when you first turned it on...first impressions and all that...Im sold...its only money...

and the money won't be too much when you consider it should be the last light you need. and the magnetic switch is also a sweet perk over the Vega. Good to know I have no change to flood it while turning it on or off, even in heavy gloves. let me know how you like it once you get it.

Booth, Scubatoys just advised dealer has increased the price by a wopping $100 so its now priced at $300, that has to be a joke...anywayas much as I want one for a backup that is stupid expensive, so looks like the OMS vega for me....boo hoo...

No way!!! I checked their website and it's not there anymore... strange. I'd also look into the the Green Force Diamond.. it's $139 and got good reviews... I can always sell you mine for $250 :)

and the money won't be too much when you consider it should be the last light you need.

i dunno, in a few years they'll probably have smaller lights that are twice as bright and just as tough, then you may want to upgrade... light, especially led, technology is changing fast.

I went to order the Oxycheq LED Backup from ScubaToys which I have been looking at for a couple months. I had decided that for $200, while expensive, it was worth the price.

Holy %^((%, the dern thing had jumped from a somewhat expensive $200 to a whopping $300 overnight!

I ordered the OMS Vega. I have a 10W HID, so while the output from the Oxycheq (Solus) was very appealing, NOT at that price. My only hesitation on the Vega was the screw on head. One review said it came on at depth while in his pocket. Once I get it and dive with it (won't dive again until the end of the month) I'll post a review, and compare it to my Sartek 10WHID.

During a time when HID's, and LED's are one of the few things coming down in price, Oxycheq/Solus decides to increase the price by 50%! IMO, that sucks, and they lost my business.

Ron, I said the exact same thing earlier in this thread and like you decided the same thing i.e. OMS vega...$300 ? for that price you can buy almost 4 Vegas...If the dealer/distributor is reading this thread GET REAL $300? PLEASE JUSTIFY!!!
But im curious who exactly uped the price? OxyCheq? Solus? or the distributor? and why? There is such a thing as taking advantage...Id like everyone to boycott this product until the price drops to its original.....If no one is willing to pay 300 then surely they would have no choice than to reduce $$$$.....maybe...very dissapointing.....

Back
Top Bottom