Swap a G250 Body for G250HP body?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

G250, they could have stopped there. Breathes fantastic, extremely reliable and easy to service. If you have to dive a single hose a G250 is nearly impossible to beat...My 2 cents.

That happens all the time to that lip on G250 bodies and it shouldn't effect the performance at all. I wouldn't worry about it too much. But to answer your question you can replace a G250 body with a G250HP body but a G250V body would be ideal.

Here is where it was stated you could do the swap...perhaps, it can be done...but not an easy direct swap?

Well, I will take them by the shop on Wed and we will sort out the regs to get the ready to dive.

Then, I will dive all the second stages this weekend...see if I can tell with my "calibrated instrument"....ahem, my lungs...see if they can tell a difference :)

G250, they could have stopped there. Breathes fantastic, extremely reliable and easy to service. If you have to dive a single hose a G250 is nearly impossible to beat...My 2 cents.

G250 vs S600....performance-wise....thoughts on that comparison?

Personally, I loved the S600 anywhere up to my max depths which were 200fsw when tec diving. Recreation diving as well, the S600 was excellent, IMHO.

IMO a G250 would serve 99.9% of the divers in the world for their entire diving career. They may WANT something different but needing it is a different story.

Or is regulator "performance" still a bit too subjective?

Sure we can measure things like cracking pressure and flow rate and humidity content at different depths...but is it still simply "to each their own"?

OK, this is it...the dive shop has been very fair in this process. They have a used but in great condition body for the broken mouthpiece body on my G250, they will swap all the parts of the G250 over to the new body.

However, there is one key difference...and I need the regulator experts on here to help, please.

The new body has the pin that goes into the side of the regulator body that keeps the diaphragm cover from unscrewing...

So, the questions are...would this reg be safe do dive without that pin in it as the old diaphragm cover does not have a hole for that pin?

Pic of pin:

pin.png

I believe, that this pin in the body [or case according to the schematics] makes this a G250HP...which leads me to the original thread question...can you swap bodies or cases between a G250 and G250HP?

I have heard a yes and a no so far....

Yes, the pin appeared later on, and was on the G250HP, and the re-introduction of the G250V. As it was not on the original g250 (and none of us are dead yet from diving it), I would have very little concern if the pin was not there. It is even a fact that technical divers who like this regulator, will dive it without the pin so as to be able to remove the face plate in the event of an issue while underwater....

YMMV

Excellent, so the guts of the unit are a direct swap then?

The dive shop is going to give free labor on the swap and the "new" case is $12.50...which I bumped to $20 as they have been very motivated to provide excellent service in light of the recent issues we had. We both came to the table to sort this out...and I believe the resolution was fair and reasonable. Just a side note :)

I have never tried to put together a cross-model (G250, G250Hp, G250v) project.....

The jury...Scubapro has spoken.

The G250HP case does have an internal change that does not work with G250 parts.

Soooo...the dive shop will no longer assemble that 2nd stage and release to me. Which sucks as originally, they said it was safe to dive.

Now, they want to give me that regulator back in a pile...and then sell me a used S600 for $200 to make it up to me.

I'm thinking of giving them the pile of G250 parts and asking for the S600 for $100. I do not believe the G250 was broken when I turned it in for service...and they did say for me to dive it.

Thoughts?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom